darktable 4.2.0 released

Thanks everyone that responded. Used Adobe’s DNG converter and that worked well. Although I have noticed a performance hit using DNG vs. uncompressed RAW. But it is something I can live with.

:grinning: :christmas_tree: :partying_face: :heart: :ok_hand::christmas_tree: :+1: !

1 Like

Just upgraded
:heart:
So much to wrap my head around wow - DT is getting better and better!

Thank you to all of the developers for the hard work on this great new release!

Great release!

A question on some of the performance changes in recent versions.

In darktablerc I have,

opencl_memory_headroom=
which appears to be the same as
cldevice_v4_nvidiageforcertx2060_id0=

and

opencl_number_event_handles=
which appears to be the same as f in
cldevice_v4_nvidiageforcertx2060=

and

opencl_micro_nap=
which appears to be the same as b in the above

Where there are a duplicate of parameters like this, are we now to delete the old ones (opencl_)?

This appears to be missing in the manual: darktable 4.6 user manual - memory & performance tuning

cldevice_version_canonicalname=a b c d e f g h i

The manual isn’t up to date yet.

OBS does not seem to have the Ubuntu 20.04 packages that are listed on the linking darktable web page.

Congratulations and Thanks for wonderful piece of software.

Now waiting for Ubuntu 20.04 build.

Thanks to all who made this great software. I already tried the developer version but now I have the “official” 4.2.0. in my hands. It is a real pleasure to work with this software!

I would also like to thank the maintainers of archlinux who distributed binary packages only hours after the source code was released.

It is great what FOSS can do!

2 Likes

Thank you very much for all the amazing work. Kudos :smiley:

I would not hold my breath for a package on OBS for Ubuntu 20.04: What happened with the OBS builds?

I deleted the old ones from my file. They are not used so I don’t think it matters if they are still there.

1 Like

Thank you for the amazing work!

Does somebody knows when the mac homebrew package will be updated?

Congrats to everyone! I have been kind of away from the changes in this release: haven’t submitted a pull request, haven’t seen the discussions and even haven’t pulled and built from main to check what’s new. So this has been a good surprise, and I really liked the results on the new Sigmoid module.

2 Likes

And us Manjaro users will have to wait a week or two… The price you pay for not being on the bleeding edge I guess. Hopefully a Flatpak will arrive at Flathub soon.

Already there I believe

it still says 4.0.1 in flathub

Oh he hasn’t merged yet. I’m sure he will soon.

It’s def faster, nice to see. The pipeline change is big. Mine is crashing though when I try to enable a LUT or when I use a preset I made in an older version. (Windows)

I updated to 22.04 instead, Ubuntu froze and I had to make a fresh install…