darktable 4.2.1 released

I see that the OM-1 has ‘base support’ now. Does ‘base support’ mean that something is still missing and the camera is not fully supported yet?

Jan.

OK thanks. What happens to the down rev? Do I need to remove it?

If you’re on Pop OS and using the flatpak, it’ll be updated shortly. Just wait.

1 Like

It also has the noise profile, as mentioned in the release notes. The white balance presets are the only thing missing (but can be added easily manually without rebuilding).

Thank you, but I don’t understand well what you mean by ‘can easily be installed without manually rebuilding’. I am just a naive user and I cannot build DT by myself, I can only download an installer and install DT on my Windows 10 computer. If I have done that, how can I add the white balance presets? And if not possible: what are the consequences of not having these presets?

I did say without rebuilding.

By editing, or replacing the wb_presets.json text file.

You just won’t be able to select e.g. exact “Tungsten”, “Daylight”, or “Shade” etc. WB coefficients that match the ones you could set in the camera and OM System think are right for this camera under particular illumination. You will still be able to manually play w/ the WB coefficients/tint/temperature sliders to your heart’s content in darktable (or use the automatic “as shot” WB that the camera detected and reported), but just won’t be able to “preview” what a particular camera preset would have given you with a single click if you had hypothetically set the camera like that during the shoot.

But we digress - this topic is about dt 4.2.1, not about the OM-1.

Thank you for the share

compression mode lossless for sony ILCE-7M4 don’t work … why?

Welcome! The release notes clearly state that Sony lossless support is missing, i.e. it is not implemented yet.

Thank you for your clear answer kmilos

1 Like

Does anybody know who maintains the OBS repository for DT? I am assuming they have been busy. DT is still at 4.2.0 on the repository and it would be very nice if it can be updated.

it is done by @asn

Thank you.

@asn would you be able to upgrade the repository to 4.2.1 please?
I have been using it for many years and have been so happy with it.
Thank you in advance!
Bojidar

I’m using rdarktable, which is on the menu Ansel.

The new stable version darktable 4.2.1 doesn’t appear on my Ubuntu 22.04. I waited for some days since it was released and checked again and again (sudo apt update, sudo apt dist-upgrade). Even added the repository again (the one provided on darktable.org in the install section). Today I removed darktable (sudo apt remove darktable) and installed it again (sudo apt install darktable) but it is still version 4.2.0.

Is the new version still not available on the repo? Does anybody else have the same problem?

Thank you for any help!
Roland Rainer

The OBS repo hasn’t been updated. There is one maintainer for that repo. Its be nice of there were more.

Thank you for the info, Mica. At least I know I have to wait. My Linux abilities are too weak for that job. I didn’t even compile darktable myself up to now, sorry.

Thank you for clarifying. OBS has been a big pillar when it comes to supplying the packages. Even flatpak was not updated the last time I checked.

I saw a PR for the flatpak, I guess it hasn’t been merged yet.

1 Like

Fedora version of 4.2.1 has been available for a few days.