darktable 4.2.1 released

Thank you for your clear answer kmilos

1 Like

Does anybody know who maintains the OBS repository for DT? I am assuming they have been busy. DT is still at 4.2.0 on the repository and it would be very nice if it can be updated.

it is done by @asn

Thank you.

@asn would you be able to upgrade the repository to 4.2.1 please?
I have been using it for many years and have been so happy with it.
Thank you in advance!
Bojidar

I’m using rdarktable, which is on the menu Ansel.

The new stable version darktable 4.2.1 doesn’t appear on my Ubuntu 22.04. I waited for some days since it was released and checked again and again (sudo apt update, sudo apt dist-upgrade). Even added the repository again (the one provided on darktable.org in the install section). Today I removed darktable (sudo apt remove darktable) and installed it again (sudo apt install darktable) but it is still version 4.2.0.

Is the new version still not available on the repo? Does anybody else have the same problem?

Thank you for any help!
Roland Rainer

The OBS repo hasn’t been updated. There is one maintainer for that repo. Its be nice of there were more.

Thank you for the info, Mica. At least I know I have to wait. My Linux abilities are too weak for that job. I didn’t even compile darktable myself up to now, sorry.

Thank you for clarifying. OBS has been a big pillar when it comes to supplying the packages. Even flatpak was not updated the last time I checked.

I saw a PR for the flatpak, I guess it hasn’t been merged yet.

1 Like

Fedora version of 4.2.1 has been available for a few days.

Good for you! Ubuntu / .deb are behind these days.

I’m in the same boat as you fella- maybe worse off. I use an OM1, would really like to open my ORF files directly instead of doing a conversion to DNG in Digikam. Ain’t gonna happen until Ubuntu or Flatpak is available.

Tested new version in Fedora in a VM , works well, just too awkward for me.

Ansel APPImage might be worth looking at…

well the flatpak commit just got merged 20 minutes ago. So it should available in a bit.

Nice to get the news! Looking forward to a simpler workflow :blush:

I don’t see noise profile support for Sony A7iv yet. Though there is a separate file that we can overwrite to get that support. Why isn’t this in the official build yet? Thanks

You can see the issue here: Noise profiles for sony a7 iv (ilce-7m4) · Issue #11319 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

1 Like

OBS is updated.
Just upgraded. Thank you developers!

4 Likes

vbsBojidar Bojkov

OBS is updated.
Just upgraded. Thank you developers!

+1

Ansel is a fork (an alternative version) of darktable, with (most of) the 4.0 feature set and custom changes/fixes. It does not have the 4.2 features, and will never have them. Some 4.0 features have been removed, a portion of them to be re-implemented and re-added later (e.g. culling). More here: ansel/README.md at master · aurelienpierreeng/ansel · GitHub and Ansel | Transitioning from darktable to Ansel
There is no Ansel category on discuss.pixls.us, and its developer is not active on this forum. You will find very limited support here.

Quoting its README:

It is forked on Darktable 4.0, and is compatible with editing histories produced with Darktable 4.0 and earlier. It is not compatible with Darktable 4.2 and later and will not be

1 Like