Darktable editing video tutorials on Wild Earth

Hey @priort and @afre , I’ve actually tried the BirdNET app on my phone and it is freakishly good. You can also just go directly to the website and upload a sound file:

https://birdnet.cornell.edu/api/

It’s cool and a good way to learn new birds.

1 Like

I used it after a trip to Belize… We went to this area Crooked Tree Wildlife Sanctuary – Belize Adventure . It floods from the run-off of the near by mountains in Guatemala… makes this large lake. The guides are amazing at spotting the birds in the trees… It was a great spot to visit…

1 Like

It’s been a while since I posted a last video, but I released a new video on my channel on the bottom panel of darktable:

2 Likes

Here’s my latest video on using a local histogram from a selection:

7 Likes

@JasonTheBirder, I’ve been using Merlin bird ID for a while now and hadn’t heard of BirdNet. Apparently BirdNet has the ability to identify over twice as many species over Merlin so I’ll have to check it out.

@Dave22152 - I’ve also recently started using Merlin as well and I did find another difference: BirdNET wasn’t as good as identifying species that have ranges excluding North America…it incorrrectly guessed several decent recordings I made, and didn’t even specify correct versions as an option.

The biggest difference for me is that Merlin identifies and highlights the bird as it records, where BirdNet requires you to select and submit the recording. I can make a two minute recording on Merlin and have a good idea of what’s flitting around me without a lot of effort. Both are excellent works of technology!

I made a new video in which I talk about getting consistent exposures with the spot mapping tool!

2 Likes

I made a video summarizing what’s new in darktable 4.4:

7 Likes

Just a summary of 9 modules I really like and use all the time:

3 Likes

My latest UPDATED video on denoising:

10 Likes

A short video on how to make a watermark so that you can change the color in darktable:

3 Likes

I made a new video about how to split tone in darktable using four different modules:

7 Likes

I made a video outlining the biggest features of darktable 4.6:

6 Likes

A brief video on how to customize the darktable interface:

4 Likes

I made a video comparing Darktable and Rawtherapee:

5 Likes

I missed this thread the previous times it has been at the top. I’ll be sure to check out your videos. It’s always interesting to see how others approach darktable. I’ve wondered about doing my own videos, but other than a few specific subjects, I’m not sure I have a particular angle to tackle yet. I guess everyone has their own presenting style, which is maybe all you need…

Hey you should do it! I’d be interested in watching them!

In Rawtherapee, did you change preview <100% from “Fast” to “As in pp3” in settings.

Yes.