darktable windows insider program 12/11

Here’s the link to the latest weekly snapshot of darktable 4.1, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fATLZzk0sGjqGFIqxJ5oEtZyfY5jbjM9/view?usp=share_link. The list of changes is at Comparing c0fa1b711..6466c4b4c · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

5 Likes

Is there any way that rawspeed patch to support OM Systems OM-1 camera RAW can be incorporated in this build? The patch has been submitted and some have tested it successfully back in June and July, yet it seems to have not made it into the library version being used in this DT build.

See thread

better yet, this thread which lists steps needed to build in support for OM-1

2 Likes

You will need to build darktable after rawspeed and merging that PR. Unfortunately, the OM cameras will not be part of 4.2.

Do you have any tips for how we could have handled this better? I’m just a DT user with an OM-1 camera, so I started by looking through the forum to see if others were also interested in OM-1 RAW support. Several people were. Someone provided RAW images. Someone else created the necessary patch. The patch was merged into one person’s build and they tested it. The patch was submitted for official merge about 6 months ago. Every couple of months someone asked about when the patch would be accepted.

All this seems like exactly how it should be handled, yet the support for this camera is still not in the year-end update to DT. Very frustrating.

2 Likes

I think the team did all they could. The PR still needs evaluation from the maintainer to ensure no unintended consequences. This mainly means focus time for that one task in thousands of other tasks. A lot of other work was completed (eg. Sony ILCE-7RM5 was added a few minutes ago), but just not enough time for this one.

1 Like