Didnt want that new lens anyway...

Ramelton, Co Donegal, Ireland

Even when setting up was thinking this might work better with a bit of diagonal shift on a TS-E 24mm, But you can only work with the tools you got and DT rotate & perspective did a pretty good job (thanks again devs). Just gotta remember to allow more room for cropping later.

Now what to do with the money saved? Why buy a new strimmer of course and knock back those pesky weeds.
So a new toy yayyy! But less time for photography booo!
And the wifes happy - win win???

Have at it

23-04-29__MG_2940.CR2 (23.5 MB)
23-04-29__MG_2940.CR2.xmp (27.2 KB)

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License

4 Likes

A great atmospheric photograph.

My play in GIMP.

2 Likes

Nice capture! Our tools do indeed make a lot of purchases less compelling… I even have some old raw photos that are completely different (in good ways) thanks to darktable, so it’s like retroactive camera upgrades, thanks to darktable.

Here’s my take with darktable nightly, with filmic v7 (and a huge stack of modules):

23-04-29__MG_2940.CR2.xmp (17.6 KB)

Annotated history:

(The unnamed diffuse of sharpen is local contrast, but adjusted to be stronger.)

1 Like

I tried something a little more ‘punchy’ with more texture showing through. I felt that the original was a bit gloomy!

5 Likes

I’m doing an episode on color harmonies which just hooked me. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

This photo is a perfect example of split complementary color harmony:

23-04-29__MG_2940.CR2.xmp (13,2 KB)

8 Likes

Enhancing the wood, grass and sign with darktable.

23-04-29__MG_2940.CR2.xmp (44.3 KB)

1 Like

dt 4.2.0

Rawtherapee 5.8 + Gimp 2.10.30

My version…

23-04-29__MG_2940.CR2.xmp (18.4 KB)

5 Likes

23-04-29__MG_2940.CR2.xmp (16.6 KB)

1 Like

Aw man, not more stuff to learn. Sheesh, let a guy catch a breath!!!
Pleased to meet you and looking forward to the next one

1 Like

Hey, thanks all. Good work. Seems to be a grungy theme so will see what I can do with that. Particularly like the b&w version (@dqpcoxeas), my own was a bit meh

1 Like

My attempt with dt 4.2.1. This is my first use if Diffuse or Sharpen instead of Contrast Equalizer for sharpening.

23-04-29__MG_2940.CR2.xmp (9.0 KB)