Editing moments with darktable

Many ICC files are basically a lut or at least part lut and they are in common use so for some they are relying on one all the time to get at least the starting look :slight_smile: Also one of the “new” features I think in the new Lumix S5II is a series of in camera luts that can be applied. If you have a lut that works and gives you what you need I don’t think its such a bad thing??

Adobe’s dcp files have a look table again imparting a color adjustment out of the gate so if your lut gets you what you need I think its an efficient way to edit …

New Episode: Difficult lighting conditions

25 Likes

Great video on that topic. As I expected from you - many useful hints for such lighting situations. Thank you very much, Boris! It’s always a pleasure to learn from you :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I really like it that you related it to the manual for the gamut compression!

2 Likes

New Episode: Advanced masking part 1: parametric masks

32 Likes

G.R.E.A.T video.

But I have a shy/timid request/ask/supplication/petition (I don’t know which word is better for this situation).
IMHO in situation like this → go straight to the point of the matter.
Without any basic/starting adjustments (which should be allready applyied).
You should assume, spectators have some basic knowledge.

From this video I found out about the letter C and that the individual channel tabs connect.
And this is great.

Greatings.
Darek

2 Likes

It gets even more complex when you invert some of the channels and also use inclusive vs exclusive…eventually you can follow all these combinations to achieve the desired result but it can take a moment to get it strait in your head…

1 Like

IMHO in situation like this → go straight to the point of the matter.

I should express my disagreement here. Seeing the entire process seems to me quite crucial, for example for orientation and to see the process of decision-making. I’m also sure that otherwise many questions would follow in the style of: how did we get such and such an effect…

6 Likes

+1

1 Like

I though I knew everything about masking but you still managed to show a few tips I did not get !
Thanks !

2 Likes

+1

2 Likes

+1
I really appreciate the professionalism of your videos.
They are instructive and above all very well prepared.
Thank you for your work.

Greetings from Brussels,
Christian

3 Likes

New Episode: Advanced masking part 2: parametric and drawn masks

21 Likes

I noticed that your drawn mask now has a lime green color. I think that’s via CSS. Can you share the define color name? Thanks.

Also, a small feedback. I think the loudness for the video at -14dB is below the norm for other YT videos.

Thanks for the videos. I always learn something new from them.

I’m glad you have show the process of using channel data prior to selecting the appropriate mask. I haven’t used that until now. BUT, all of the channel displayed for me (when I place the mouse over the channel and press c) is a variation of gray. Do I need to change something in my settings?

Be sure to hover on the parametric controls/display

Nice as usual and good to see that you’re always using the latest version :slight_smile:

1 Like

:point_down:

grafik

This setting also applies to the drawn masks.

:point_down:

Thank you! This speaks about the quality of the master version. I have not had any bad surprises yet.

The care that you and the rest of the development team bring to the table is extraordinary. This cannot be emphasized enough! Chapeau! :tophat:

13 Likes

Got it. Thank you!

1 Like

New Episode: Advanced masking part 3: mask manager:

21 Likes