Fall reflections II

Here another fall reflections image, this time it was taken with a Hexanon 28mm f/3.5. Taken a week later so its slightly after peak colors.

DSCF8618.RAF (26.4 MB)

DSCF8618-2.jpg.out.pp3 (22.4 KB)

Image is licensed under:

CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

5 Likes

The colours of leaves always look spectacular during autumn. My attempt DT4.4.2

DSCF8618.RAF.xmp (14.1 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for the play!
Here is how I and vkdt see it…

DSCF8618.RAF.cfg (2.2 KB)

Have fun!
Claes in Lund, Sweden

2 Likes

My version…

DSCF8618.RAF.xmp (14.9 KB)

3 Likes

:upside_down_face:

DSCF8618.RAF.xmp (9.9 KB)

A simple edit…

1 Like

I think this is an excellent image, as is. Consequently, I didn’t do much to change it.

dt 4.4.2

DSCF8618.RAF.xmp (5.9 KB)

Nice job on the sky in the top right. I had trouble getting it to look natural.

I process most of my images with Sigmoid instead of filmic, but with this image the out of the box look from Sigmoid left me feeling underwhelmed. So I then switched to filmic V5 with no preserve chrominance option selected. Suddenly the picture was heading down the pathway that appealed to me. What I like about this scene is the vibrant colors of Autumn contrasting with the deep blue reflection of the sky. That is what I wanted to emphasise.

DSCF8618.RAF.xmp (12.0 KB)

I just read this comment so I had another go at the edit where I tweaked the shadow-highlights balance in filmic to put more color in the sky in the top right corner. Personally I don’t prefer this look, but I wanted to demonstrate how it could be achieved.

Filmic V5.RAF.xmp (14.7 KB)

A quite saturated and contrasty version:

DSCF8618.RAF.xmp (16.6 KB)

2 Likes

DSCF8618.jpg.out.pp3 (18.6 KB)

1 Like

A beautiful image so I have kept the changes small.

1 Like

DSCF8618.RAF.xmp (11.2 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you for the practice @chaimav ! I love your photo and appreciate the share!
I am fairly new to this, and I’m still “searching my own style”. I notice that my tendency is to somewhat try and go with “natural look of things”, to some extent… so, this is my take:

DSCF8618.RAF.pp3 (13.4 KB)

Hey! :tada: This is also my very first time ever posting an edited picture online for the world to see! :blush:

1 Like

Welcome aboard

1 Like