Filmulator and Windows

I will try to help making a Fimulator Windows build

1 Like

@CarVac @heckflosse would it make sense to try adapting the windows cross-compilation environment that I have set-up for RT and PhotoFlow?

It is based on the MSYS2 packages, installed in an Arch Linux docker container, and the cross-compilation is done with mingw-w64.

@Carmelo_DrRaw Let me try to build it first directly on Windows. Well I just tried it. It builds (compiles and links), but the make install command fails. I will check how to fix that, or maybe @gaaned92 knows already and can help.

1 Like

The dev branch compiles with a lot of warnings and links.
I never succeded to have the install step working.
I suspect that filmulator-gui.pro is missing some information for windows build. I tried to hack it with no avail.

@gaaned92 the highlightrecovery branch builds (compiles and links) just fine (though with a lot of warnings) using cmake and make, but make install fails.

Yes it’s about the same as the dev branch.

The first anomaly that happens is this one:

WARNING: desktop.path is not defined: install target not created

WARNING: extra.path is not defined: install target not created

WARNING: desktop.path is not defined: install target not created

WARNING: extra.path is not defined: install target not created

@gaaned92 I get this:

[100%] Built target filmulator
Install the project...
-- Install configuration: "Release"
CMake Error at cmake_install.cmake:36 (file):
  file cannot create directory: C:/Program Files (x86)/Filmulator/bin.  Maybe
  need administrative privileges.

make: *** [Makefile:118: install] Fehler 1

Are you using cmake?

Those look like qmake errors.

@CarVac @gaaned92 @Carmelo_DrRaw Let’s open an issue for the Windows builds on github

3 Likes

https://github.com/CarVac/filmulator-gui/issues/86

Filmulator_highlightrecovery_v0.7.0-167-g784fb8a_release_Windows64.zip
uploaded at
https://keybase.pub/gaaned92/Filmulator

3 Likes

Brilliant!
Looking forward to playing around with this… using and building.
Thanks.

Filmulator_highlightrecovery_v0.7.0-200-g4e47672_release_Windows64.zip

uploaded at
https://keybase.pub/gaaned92/Filmulator

3 Likes

Hello,

I am a total newbie with this…just downloaded it…but it looks good…question - do I need to do anything here?

No, that’s something that’s apparently automatically generated to make startup a bit faster.

1 Like

oh sorry, I am win10, 64bit

Yes, I will admit, currently I am really clueless how to use this…I have clicked the copy link…and even tried to do cntrl/v (paste) to get one of my uploaded images onto the screen…but so far no good. The only excuse is this is my first time trying :upside_down_face:

help!

a) use the newest version (0.10.1)
b) go to the Filmulate tab to edit; double-click on an image in the queue to load it for editing

1 Like

I believe I’m using the most recent version…I just downloaded it…and it took (sigh) 3hrs to upload all my pics, so I’m really hoping i don’t have to do that again.

That’s definitely not the latest version.

You won’t have to import your photos again.

1 Like