Same result, unfortunately.
Same result, unfortunately.
@RHvdG Thanks for testing this. It’s possible that this is a code signing issue. I didn’t pay for an Apple developer account, so I can’t sign the app. We might be able to get a developer account in the future, but for now can you try one of the workarounds in this article? FIX: Damaged App Cannot be Opened on MacOS Error - Appuals.com
@mermerico Thanks! I tried various methods described in that article, and the application does launch then (earlier it didn’t), but it immediately crashes. This seems to be the relevant part of the crash report: invalid code signature.
“Code signature invalid”
Yeah. Bad Apple.
I have a Filmulator running native on my M1 now, thanks to the Indian developer. We are just trying to get rid of the final dependency, ca-certificates, which now needs to be installed separately through brew. I am hoping to make available an installer that takes care of that, too. The developer is working on it. Anyone want to test it? M1 Macs only for now.
Update 2022-01-04: v0.11.2rc10
I fixed the intermittent flickering histogram, which was caused by an infinite loop when fetching an image that should have already been fully processed.
It looks like that’s the old version, not the latest on the testbuild branch, so it doesn’t have all the latest fixes or noise reduction.
I’ve received a report that it runs smoothly and quickly though on an M1.
Can you give me an exact link to the new version, so that I can point ‘my’ developer to it? The difference with @mermerico’s version, that I guess you are referring to, is that this one is installed with all the dependencies included and without giving rise to code signing trouble.
testbuild is the newest branch, I try to keep it stable.
When I actually make the database change, I’ll put it in the
Update 2022-01-23: v0.11.2rc11
Change the linearity of NR Strength to be logarithmic; I often used the lower values of it and control was difficult so this improves that.
I also fixed the behavior of lens correction preferences with fixed-lens cameras; before they weren’t correctly being applied on import.
Hi, I´m interested in testing your filmulator on my M1 Mac on Monterey. Do you have a link for me? Thanks!
The dropbox link I had expired, unfortunately. Maybe I can chase down a copy from someone.
That would be very nice - thanks!
I’ll start a new topic for the Mac builds.
Thanks again for your work on this wonderful raw converter. From using it and comparing to other raw developers, as well as real life, it seems to me that the color yellow is a bit more orange in filmulator. I have tested it with a Leica M8, Epson R-d1s as well as a Canon m6ii. Is that intentional, or some kind of side effect (or just an issue with my cameras)?
It’s a side effect of the way colors get boosted in saturation; there are slight hue shifts such as some yellows towards orange/red.
It is time (more than time!) that I thanked you for this superb software. It is now my standard raw processor, although I have yet to discover all it’s subtleties as it invariably produces excellent results with the default values.
I tried to lower saturation and vibrance as low as possible, but the slight orange shift of yellow stayed. I did find a solution though, one I do not really understand, but lowering highlight rollof to a minimum makes the yellow more yellow. You probably already know this but I also discovered that reducing drama also shifts the color to yellow (a better way to put it would be that increasing drama makes yellow shift a bit to orange).