GIMP AppImage (continuous integration)

where did you get gimp 2.10.1 from? or is this just a git snapshot from the 2.10 branch?

I am cloning the GIMP_2_10_0 tag from the GNOME git repository. I will check if the official tar file of the 2.10.0 sources has this fixed.

The same problem exists in the official tar file from Index of /gimp/v2.10/.
This is what is written in gimp.pc.in:

Requires: gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= @GDK_PIXBUF_REQUIRED_VERSION@ cairo >= @CAIRO_REQUIRED_VERSION@ gegl-0.3 >= @GEGL_REQUIRED_VERSION@

Thank you for your prompt reply. I do not understand where I can find the release page. :unamused:
Ciao. Ernst

not sure why you would think that requires mean that your gimp would be version 2.10.1.

@ernesto https://github.com/aferrero2707/gimp-appimage/releases/download/continuous/gimp-git-2.10.1-20180428.glibc2.15-x86_64.AppImage

Sorry, I mixed up the version numbers in the discussion… yes, 2.10.1 simply corresponds to the version reported by the current git HEAD.

so you could just build from the 2.10.0 tag?

This is actually what my build scripts are doing for point releases: they fetch the corresponding git tag instead of the git HEAD. However, the current GIMP_2_10_0 git tag suffers with the same issue as the release tarball, namely a not-up-to-date gimp.pc.in file…

bug link?

I can only quote the corresponding email discussion: http://www.gimpusers.com/forums/gimp-developer/20596-gimp-pc-in-still-contains-reference-to-gegl-0-3

I have updated the GIMP AppImage scripts to automatically bundle the .scm scripts available from the Pixls.us repository.

At each build, the .zip file of the repository is downloaded, extracted, and the .scm files are copied to the usr/share/gimp/2.0/scripts folder in the AppImage bundle, so that the should be readily available without any further installation.

hence, the number of available filters in the AppImage should grow together with the GIMP-Scripts repository…

Please let me know if you encounter any issues.

2 Likes

One more update for the GIMP AppImage: the bundled code is now supposed to be fully relocatable. This means that the internal launcher does not change anymore the working directory, and images passed on the command line can be opened also if their path is not absolute.

The last package is available here. I would appreciate any feedback as usual…

2 Likes

Working well for me so far.

1 Like

@Carmelo_DrRaw thx a lot for your GIMP AppImage!

Now i have 4 GIMP versions: :rofl:

1. older development Version 2.9.9. (the only one that can be normally installed via ppa in Ubuntu studio 16.04.) Everything works fine, but very slow.
  2. flatpak GIMP 2.10 sandboxed (shellout and many other script doesn’t work, with some workaround was able to start G’MIC-gtk )
  3. Snap Version of GIMP 2.10 (restrictions are worst that flatpak one)
  4. Your GIMP 2.10. AppImage :slight_smile: - best one so far. I can use now levin-matting machine for foreground extraction, schellout and many other usefull scripts BUT unfortunately G’MIC-qt does not work - is not listed in Filter menu :confused: G’MIC -gtk is shown but cannot be used: Error:

“Could not execute plug-in “gmic_gimp_gtk”
(/home/s7habo/.config/GIMP/2.10/plug-ins/gmic_gimp_gtk)
because it uses an obsolete version of the plug-in protocol.”

And i have small issue with dark theme:

Bildschirmfoto_2018-06-06_08-55-23

For Info: I’m using Ubuntu studio 16.04 with KDE Plasma 5.8.9

Glad to know!

It should be included, so if it does not show up this is a bug I need to fix.
I will have a look and let you know.

I am afraid this might be related to your KDE environment. Do you have the same issue with the flatpack and/or snap packages?

1 Like

@Carmelo_DrRaw Thanks for quick response :slight_smile:

Cool! Let me know if I can help .

No all others looks like this:

Bildschirmfoto_2018-06-06_09-24-33

GMIC is working for me, filter updates and all.

@paperdigits what OS are u using?

KDE neon, which is based on Ubuntu 16.04.