G'MIC fun with afre

afre_fft* make good animations (which could benefit from an ease-in speed curve but G’MIC doesn’t have those fine controls from ImageMagick).

Power

Too much power

… Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority, still more when you superadd the tendency or the certainty of corruption by authority. …
— John Dalberg-Acton

superadd :astonished:

1 Like

More afre_cleantext fun~!

flowerfun-afre

2 Likes

Re: New shadows/highlights tool with enhanced halo control - #29 by afre. How about this @Carmelo_DrRaw? :upside_down_face: Changed one value and this happened!

pbox_fun

6 Likes

Are those microbe? This might be useful as a microbe texture generator. Please share this, so that I can have a microbe generator in g’mic.

1 Like

More gradient_norm fun! Applying an exercise from G'MIC exercises - #528 by David_Tschumperle.

Had more fun with post #24. This time with the cute sp chick.

Still picking on sample david. This time with afre_edge from afre's G'MIC diary - #24 by afre. If you boost the details above 1, you get a web-like effect.

david-afre_edge

PS The command / filter has been pulled but isn’t available with an update. The delay might have to do with the servers being refreshed slowly or recent troubles updating commands / filters. In other words, be patient.

That picture need colors, I say. Imagine that.

I’m looking forward to seeing how you’ve done this because I have been playing around with trying to get good edges as well.

Combining afre_y50 or afre_orien with afre_softlight from afre's G'MIC diary - #48 by afre gives you fun results.

3 Likes

1 Like

It’s a bit rough, I’m thinking there is some way it can be used for stimulating artworks.

@afre -Yes, I like the pup’s new variety of fluffiness.

1 Like

Been fiddling with afre_gleam, dillydallying really, and making it break. What fun! Image credit goes to @s7habo (thread).

1 Like

4 Likes

1 Like

The timing and similarity. Did you combine the cli I have made with skeleton?

No, I didn’t. I made it using variance_patch 3 skeleton.

Ah, also I think @Joan_Rake1 might be interested. It vaguely remind me of computer glitches.