Goodbye @chroma_ghost

A close friend of @chroma_ghost reached out to me, letting me know that he had passed away suddenly in February 2019. I sensed something was amiss because he had stopped messaging me and posting on the forum. It came as a surprise to those closest to him as well. Many including this friend were unaware for several weeks.

Since then, I have written many drafts of what I would say. Started missing him again today and thought it would be a good time to share with you all a brief remembrance.

ghost was one of the first friends I made here and we had a crazy and fun time, which was uplifting whenever I felt like giving up, given the hard life I have. He quickly became what I would consider a good friend. I am sure many of you who engaged with him would feel the same. He was a poet with his flowery language, image processing, constructive criticism and unique perspective. chroma, you will be missed and thought of often. Goodbye, my friend.

–@afre

17 Likes

Indeed @chroma_ghost is missed dearly around here. He was always a positive, creative force. His energy hummed in harmony with that around him.

RIP

3 Likes

:cry: RIP @chroma_ghost

Oh man, that is indeed sad news. He was a rasta trip in the PlayRaws…

Rest in peace, @chroma_ghost, know that you lightened one old fool’s heart.

1 Like

Well, what a bummer. I always enjoyed his posts. :cry:

Requiescat in pace.

(I am now reminded of his most liked post here):

2 Likes

Yes, RIP.
This is classic chroma_ghost! -

1 Like

Many many thanks @chroma_ghost doing test after test on many software on his macs with the best humor and always humbly self-deprecating, he was a great collaborator.

Farewell @chroma_ghost!
We will miss you around.
I can’t help citing a playraw thread of mine which had a deeper meaning to me because I shared a picture from my recently deceased dad.
And what a warm reception he gave, either by not only sharing his workflow in detail, but also sharing his unique view about everything else.

His post linked below gives a good idea of his unique style, but scroll up the thread to find more of him

@patdavid That was an epic post, one of many
@gadolf Totally forgot about that creation. We inspired each other.