Having issues. Python -> NatronEngine.AppSettings.getParams()

python

(Paul Waggonner) #1

Hi all,

So I’m learning how to navigate Natron with Python, and having trouble. What I’m trying to do is pick an output format in Natron settings. I’m under the impression that before I pick a format, maybe I need to see what formats there are first, therefore, I’m trying to read Natron’s settings via code. According to the docs, NatronEngine.AppSettings.getParams() “Returns a sequence with all Param composing the settings.”. Yet, when I run that function, I get the following error:

While executing script:
NatronEngine.AppSettings.getParams()Python error:
Python exception: descriptor 'getParams' of 'NatronEngine.AppSettings' object needs an argument
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
TypeError: descriptor 'getParams' of 'NatronEngine.AppSettings' object needs an argument.

While the error message indicates NatronEngine.AppSettings.getParams() requires an argument, the documentation indicates no argument is necessary. Out of curiosity, I tried passing in a random string, then Natron complains with:

TypeError: descriptor 'getParams' requires a 'NatronEngine.AppSettings' object but received a 'str'

So is this function just not working, or am I calling it wrong? I’m calling it just like this:

NatronEngine.AppSettings.getParams()

Documentation for NatronEngine.AppSettings.getParams()

Natron 2.3.13
Windows 10

(Meng-Han Ho) #2

Not sure where you are going to run the script. But if you are trying it out in script editor, do the following for accessing project output format param.

app=app1
app.getProjectParam('outputFormat').set('HD_720') 

(Paul Waggonner) #3

Thanks for the snippet mnhan32. It does work in my script editor, and I will likely use this in my code. I plan on using this code from natronRenderer.exe which will be started from a bat file, or windows shell.

Unfortunately, all the NatronEngine.AppSettings methods I’ve tried fail. I need access to this class’es functions.

Anyone, can you verify if NatronEngine.AppSettings.getParams() does or does not work? Am I calling this function wrong? If not, I would like to log this as a bug.

Cheers,
Paul

(Meng-Han Ho) #4

You can still use the same script to set or get project params.
The only different is that you don’t need to do app=app1 if you are not running in script editor. Natron automatically assigned current instance to app in nonGUI mode.
So, simply do the following

app.getProjectParam('outputFormat').set('HD_720')