Help test the new HDRMerge development build for macOS

Will there be also a Windows version available?

The latest mac test build @ commit a913a41
https://filebin.net/75malagn7n8sg0dj/HDRMerge_0.5.0-test2.zip?t=xvxpbnle

2 Likes

Same as post above (but new sheets {DNGS}, for the love of good some dignity).
macacos 10.14 // exported 32, 24 and 16 variants, also png’s night dress, :ok_hand:
thank you

PS
microrant - mojave’s all dark and sweet words but boy what a royal PITA summer camp of neverending fake security’s bureaucracy, that’s all; smile, peace :v:

Thanks for testing! Did you have issues with gatekeeper when launching?

no no , everything was :ok_hand: (fine / ok ), sorry 4 confussion,
rant was (offtopic and) about OS, nothing to do with hdrmerge =)

Ok. Your description of fake security and bureaucracy reminded me of the new Mojave gatekeeper feature known as App Notorization.

1 Like

This version does not start on my OSX 10.10.5 system:

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/hdrmerge
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib: code signature invalid for '/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib'

/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib: code signature invalid for '/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib'

The version from 4th of July was running OK.

Thanks for testing that…
I wonder if there was a problem in the codesign. Does turning the gatekeeper off help load the libs?

Turn off
spctl --master-disable
Turn on
spctl --master-enable

Doesn’t help…

$ sudo spctl --master-disable
Password:
$ ./hdrmerge 
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/./hdrmerge
	/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib: code signature invalid for '/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib'

Trace/BPT trap: 5

Ok I think a recent rebuild of libraw on my system was made without the min macosx compatibility flag set… it affects the algorithms, and I’ll have to rebuild that library.

Load command 8
      cmd LC_VERSION_MIN_MACOSX
  cmdsize 16
  version 10.12
      sdk 10.12

Is in the current configuration for that binary, hence the not working on Yosemite.

I’ve managed to get the min version down to 10.9 by adding --mmacosx-version-min=10.9 to CFLAGS, CXXCLAGS and LDFLAGS in the libraw v18 Makefile.

Now the error has moved to libexiv2:

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @rpath/libexiv2.26.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/hdrmerge
	/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libexiv2.26.dylib: code signature invalid for '/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libexiv2.26.dylib'

Yes, according to otool -l, libexiv2 libexpat libintl libjpeg libz all needing a similar rebuild to get it to go on 10.10 :sunglasses:

This command seems to work for some of these:
sudo ./configure CFLAGS=-mmacosx-version-min=10.9 CXXFLAGS=-mmacosx-version-min=10.9 LDFLAGS=-headerpad_max_install_names --prefix=/opt/local --with-sysroot=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk

edit done rebuilding libraries.

New test build with recompiled libraries should work out better.

Still no luck:

dyld: Symbol not found: __os_log_default
  Referenced from: /Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (which was built for Mac OS X 10.11)
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
 in /Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore

If you are using Qt 5.11, then it will not work for MacOS below 10.11
That’s why in my TravisCI scripts I am reverting the homebrew package to an earlier version that uses Qt 5.9.x

I noticed that, yes I’m using qt 5.11.1 and support for macOS < 10.11 was dropped. I suppose a visit to qt.io is in order. Edit. I still have a Qt59 folder on my system.

Built with Qt5.9.6. as the jul 4 build had.

Thanks! I will check it in the afternoon…

This version works fine, good job!

1 Like

Another year, another test build for Mac.

https://kd6kxr.keybase.pub/HDRMerge-f74cf3d.dmg

Built on 10.14, should work on 10.9+

1 Like