Help test the new HDRMerge development build for macOS

Ok. Your description of fake security and bureaucracy reminded me of the new Mojave gatekeeper feature known as App Notorization.

1 Like

This version does not start on my OSX 10.10.5 system:

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/hdrmerge
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib: code signature invalid for '/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib'

/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib: code signature invalid for '/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib'

The version from 4th of July was running OK.

Thanks for testing thatā€¦
I wonder if there was a problem in the codesign. Does turning the gatekeeper off help load the libs?

Turn off
spctl --master-disable
Turn on
spctl --master-enable

Doesnā€™t helpā€¦

$ sudo spctl --master-disable
Password:
$ ./hdrmerge 
dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/./hdrmerge
	/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib: code signature invalid for '/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/./../Frameworks/libraw_r.16.dylib'

Trace/BPT trap: 5

Ok I think a recent rebuild of libraw on my system was made without the min macosx compatibility flag setā€¦ it affects the algorithms, and Iā€™ll have to rebuild that library.

Load command 8
      cmd LC_VERSION_MIN_MACOSX
  cmdsize 16
  version 10.12
      sdk 10.12

Is in the current configuration for that binary, hence the not working on Yosemite.

Iā€™ve managed to get the min version down to 10.9 by adding --mmacosx-version-min=10.9 to CFLAGS, CXXCLAGS and LDFLAGS in the libraw v18 Makefile.

https://filebin.net/75malagn7n8sg0dj/HDRMerge_0.5.0-test2.zip?t=xvxpbnle

Now the error has moved to libexiv2:

Dyld Error Message:
  Library not loaded: @rpath/libexiv2.26.dylib
  Referenced from: /Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/hdrmerge
	/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libexiv2.26.dylib: code signature invalid for '/Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/libexiv2.26.dylib'

Yes, according to otool -l, libexiv2 libexpat libintl libjpeg libz all needing a similar rebuild to get it to go on 10.10 :sunglasses:

This command seems to work for some of these:
sudo ./configure CFLAGS=-mmacosx-version-min=10.9 CXXFLAGS=-mmacosx-version-min=10.9 LDFLAGS=-headerpad_max_install_names --prefix=/opt/local --with-sysroot=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk

edit done rebuilding libraries.

New test build with recompiled libraries should work out better.

Still no luck:

dyld: Symbol not found: __os_log_default
  Referenced from: /Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (which was built for Mac OS X 10.11)
  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib
 in /Applications/HDRMerge.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore

If you are using Qt 5.11, then it will not work for MacOS below 10.11
Thatā€™s why in my TravisCI scripts I am reverting the homebrew package to an earlier version that uses Qt 5.9.x

I noticed that, yes Iā€™m using qt 5.11.1 and support for macOS < 10.11 was dropped. I suppose a visit to qt.io is in order. Edit. I still have a Qt59 folder on my system.

Built with Qt5.9.6. as the jul 4 build had.

Thanks! I will check it in the afternoonā€¦

This version works fine, good job!

1 Like

Another year, another test build for Mac.

https://kd6kxr.keybase.pub/HDRMerge-f74cf3d.dmg

Built on 10.14, should work on 10.9+

1 Like