How do you cull raw images with a similar composition or subject?

This should be an interesting one:

How do you cull raw images with a similar composition and subject? What I mean is if in the span of 1-2 hours, for instance, you take 20+ photos, which ones would you chose and what criteria would you use? Can be super scientific (objective with a method), super silly (subjective with your heart) or somewhere in between. I want to know what goes on in your heads and hearts. :exploding_head: :broken_heart:

1. Light. I’m a golden/blue hour shooter for the most part, so that 1-2 hours where I’ve made a composition and captured it varies wildly in the look and feel of the photo.
  2. Sharpness. Don’t miss that focus!
  3. Edge patrol/background. Is the background better in one of them? Did something creep into the edges in one frame and not another?
  4. Feelings! Which (embedded) camera jpeg (that’s what I cull from) gives the most feels!

Update After checking with @paperdigits, I have decided to create a new thread with an example culling exercise. The one(s) with the most sensible consensus will move on to a Play Raw post. Check it out when I have it up.