How to edit your photo using different modules

Ever took a picture of a river and thought: “I’d love to edit this in darktable”?

Me neither, but I’m sure you’ll like this tutorial anyway :grin::+1:! Watch me take you guys along while editing a photo of our trip to Norway last year.

It is my pleasure and honor to announce the fact that I have now made darktable 2.7 (BETA) available for you guys with the help of Todd Prior! The download link is in the description, please keep in mind that this is a windows build and I urge you all to backup your files first.

You should also not that edits from 2.7 are not backward compatible and neither is the database!

2 Likes

Good addition!

So I see you stick to Windows afterall :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah 2.7 works like a charm. OBS seems to work better with 2.7 too!

One of my viewers called Robbin has asked me what the best settings for Instagram are in darktable. With this tutorial I hope to give an answer to his question:

5 Likes

Hey guys,

Today’s tutorial is about editing a waterfall picture! Hope you all like it! It’s one of my most favorite edits so far!

1 Like

I love flying my drone, and I love taking pictures with it. In this episode, we’re editing a picture that I’ve took with the DJI Mavic Air during the Besseggen Hike in Norway!

2 Likes

I’ve got some big news coming to you guys tomorrow!

1 Like

We’re flying high, we’re flying high into the sky :musical_note:

How to use the low pass module:

2 Likes

Hey guys,

Yesterday I’ve uploaded a new video containing the edits of my viewers! I even show you guys what my own result is!

Let me know if you like these types of videos please.

Greetings,

Rico

Hey guys,

Another how to Thursday is live!
In this video, I edit one of my subscribers his photo!
Hope you all love it!

1 Like

@Rico perhaps a bit boring of a subject, but I’ve seen a number of windows users using 2.7, so perhaps a video on how to properly report a bug, where to do so, what into to include, where the log files are on Windows, how to start darktable in debug mode and write a log file.

Perhaps a second video about it being open source, how they can contribute, especially if they can’t code.

Write me a script for the first one and I will haha. I don’t know how to personally as well. I do encounter bugs while using the parametric mask and parametric mask only. Other things work flawless.

Hey guys,

Its one of the most requested videos of the past few weeks. A video about masks. In this video, I demonstrate the different drawn masks in darktable:

I hope you all like it. Feel free to leave a comment. You guys have been very quiet lately haha!

3 Likes

Have you ever taken a photo which turned out to be underexposed? Did you wish you had the tools to still make it a great photo? In this video, you see me edit a picture of Ratheeshkumar in darktable.

4 Likes

Lovely work Rico, good example

1 Like

Thank you so much! I appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment. That means a lot.