How to edit your photo using different modules

Thank you!

Hopefully those that use darktable 2.6 don’t mind the extra few steps they sometimes have to make to follow along. That was/is my biggest concern.

Hey guys!

Which one of you has seen the Matrix?

Let me know how you guys like this tutorial please. Would you like me to do more of these?

1 Like

Hey guys,

In this tutorial I’m showing you guys how to recreate the Schindlers List look!

I’d love some feedback though. Do you guys like these tutorials or would you rather see more in depth tutorials on specific modules?

4 Likes

Hey guys,

This week’s tutorial is a special request.
It’s about increasing the contrast, sharpness and clarity of an image without using the sharpen module.

1 Like

How many of you have watched Mad Max?

I’n this video I show you how to use the curve module to create the same effect!

1 Like

Hey guys!

The basic adjustments of an image is where an edit starts. Is also known as color correction. In this episode I explain the difference between color correction and color grading and show you guys how to color correct your image.

Hi Rico,
were you able the solve the dual boot problem meanwhile?
Cheers
b

Thanks for asking!
Haven’t been working on it lately. I did download it on a USB. The only thing I need to do now is install it. However, I’ve been super busy lately. Tried to use the built in windows screen capture too, but somehow the audio isn’t quite up to par. It’s only a few milliseconds but haven’t figured out what causes it yet.

1 Like

just do it. but make sure you back up everything properly. it is no big deal. if you break windows, you can always repair/reinstall it.

2 Likes

Hey guys,

If you’re into color grading, I’m sure you’ll love this tutorial. Last Thursday I explained how to apply color correction to your image in darktable. This week I’m showing you guys how to color grade your image!

2 Likes

Breaking Windows is one thing. Breaking a window with your laptop is another story. Sometimes I want to do the latter but then I realize I won’t be able to replace either.

2 Likes

say, were you at LGM? did we meet?

Thanks for the Video. @anon41087856 introduced newer modes supporting ProPhotoRGB so that you have bigger color gamut than sRGB and avoid saturation issues you have to fix later. The legacy sRGB shouldn’t be used anymore as it doesn’t work in linear RGB space.

https://darktable.gitlab.io/doc/en/color_group.html#color_balance

Hey,

No I wasn’t, so it’s impossible that we met haha!

Thank you for adding this!

actually the question was addressed to @afre

Nice tutorial. The way I do it mostly is with the Color correction module and some tonal variations if needed. Love to see different ways to archieve the same goals. Greetings

1 Like

Hey guys,

It’s been a while, and I apologize. I’ve been very busy lately and I’ll explain all about it in a future video. Some great things are about to happen on my channel. Going on a holiday gave me time to think and relax. Hopefully all of you will follow along in the future. I’m the meantime, here’s a new tutorial. In this video, I edit a picture of my dog. Hope you guys like it, and don’t forget: We’re doing this together!

4 Likes

Hey guys,

I’m back with the darktable videos! After a small break creating GIMP tutorials, I think I’ll stick to darktable for a while because those are being requested the most!

Here’s another tutorial, and in this tutorial I’m showing you guys how to turn summer pictures into fall pictures with the help of the color zones and color look up table.

2 Likes

Let’s reach for the stars and make it work!

2 Likes