How to get more accurate colors in DT for Sony (Capture One Vs Darktable)?

I tested my new “C1 ICC profile workflow :sweat_smile:” on several images and I find it pretty easy.

  • Set C1 ICC profile
  • Adjust exposure and black level correction so that you do not get big clipped areas.
  • Adjust unbreak input profile parameters (the functionality here is equivalent to the filmic rgb and from now on, the pipeline is display referred)
  • Adjust color balance rgb.
  • Maybe apply filmic rgb to get some small clipped areas into the range [0,1]
  • Local contrast.

At the end is pretty much the same effort as using the scene referred workflow but maybe I think with the disadvantage that you are practically working with display referred workflow.

Personally I like the results a lot by now and I find it easier to control and fit the dynamic range within [0,1]. I also do not get the color shifts at extreme luminances that filmic rgb v6 was giving (remember this: Comparing filmic color science v5/v6)