How to update lensfun in darktable 3 for Mac?

Hi everyone,

I have been using darktable on Mac OS for some months, and I’m really happy with the results I’m getting. However, I’m a bit disappointed for not being able to easily correct lens distortion and light fall-off/vignetting as other softwares allow us to do. I use some old manual lenses that I can easily correct in Capture One or Lightroom, but that are not recognized by darktable. I visited the lensfun project site, and found out that my lenses actually are supported by the latest version. How do I update the lensfun package for darktable 3 on Mac OS? If that’s not possible, is there a simple way to correct distortion and light fall off?

Thanks,

Antonio

Can you manually select the lens?

you can update the xml files in /Applications/darktable.app/Contents/Resources/share/lensfun/version_1

since the lensfun database is updated when creating an application package you can extract a quite recent database from my packages in current OSX Build - #66 by MStraeten

to do it manually you need to install lensfun via macports and then run lensfun-update-data and then copy the updated files into darktable.app

1 Like

No, they don’t show up in darktable (although they are listed at the lensfun website).

Thanks, I’ll download your build and try to extract the database from there!
I’ll let you know later if it worked.

Thanks, I have done that and it worked just fine!
Best,
Antonio