Instructions to build Natron in Linux

(Fred Fonkle) #1

I am trying to set up a development build of Natron in Kubuntu 18.10. I follow these instructions:
https://github.com/NatronGitHub/Natron/blob/RB-2.3/INSTALL_LINUX.md

I can build the Natron SDK in /opt/Natron-sdk but then qmake -r gives this error:

sh: 1: Syntax error: word unexpected (expecting “)”)

When I try to manually install dependencies using tools/travis/install_dependencies.sh it returns this error:

tools/travis/install_dependencies.sh: line 240: /Global/plugin-branches.sh: No such file or directory

while /Global/plugin-branches.sh does exist…

Are these the most up to date instructions? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Escape) #2

I also had issues following the instructions. I’m on Arch. What worked for me was was installing some of the dependencies manually using AUR and then installing natron from AUR.

(Fred Fonkle) #3

I am trying to set up a development environment for Natron which builds and debugs using Qt Creator. I have tried installing the dependencies using the Kubuntu package manager (apt), which works fine, yet I stumble upon the mentioned errors which make no sense to me yet.

Since this is step 1 in getting to grips with the Natron code, I figured there must be some more accurate information to help with the build available somewhere?