It is cool some feature if it will implement for Natron by contributor

Thanks for the update, I hope Natron catch some steam again.

This is fantastic news to hear!

Keep us updated :slight_smile:

Ok I was working hard on this project for Natron and after to review it I would say it is very nightmarre to compile on windows with all third party LOL ! Omg i don’t have time to read all full of errors and to resolve it, it is waste time ! :confused: I feel obliged to rewrite a complete somewhere in first to be comfortable :hearts: :smile:.
So I think it will be both easy for compilation if I make some change to make better, I am going to think how to reduce less for dependency
 It is a lot of works yeah but it needs to have less problem too. I wll see if I can do it and I would inform you of my status.

I propose you to rewrite for UI in OpenGL 100 % because i don’t like QT4 cause it is too heavy and too problematic to work it. Thus in final with OpenGL the UI will look like fresh, light and fast on most computer can do, it is more stable and reliable than QT4 can do. Of course it will keep the same visual for tools and interface.

Doesn’t that mean you’ll have to do an entire rewrite of the UI? Also there are some other community devs porting natron to QT5:

I think @yomgui was the one working on it.

And more 
 It’s better to put resources into something else IMHO.

We will move to Qt5 at some point, but not this year :wink:

2 Likes

In QT5 there is some error from including comdef.h so in mingw does not have it lol