It was a warm summer afternoon, when suddenly...

If you feel like it, you can continue… Do you play?

20230821_0201.CR2 (20.2 MB)

20230821_0201.CR2.xmp (15.8 KB)

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

6 Likes

It was a warm summer afternoon, when suddenly
the sky turned dark and the sea began to heave in a
very peculiar way. It was then I spotted it…

4 Likes

Thanks for posting
darktable 4.4.2

20230821_0201.CR2.xmp (19.5 KB)

2 Likes

…: half of the cliff just crumbled away, as if squashed in an invisible, giant fist.

6 Likes

It was very frightening, because we had no warning.
None at all. The sensor dust in the middle of the Loch
seemed to grow. I wonder whether…

2 Likes

20230821_0201.CR2.xmp (16.2 KB)

DT 4.4.2

1 Like

It was a warm summer afternoon, when suddenly

the sky turned dark and the sea began to heave in a
very peculiar way. It was then I spotted it…

…: half of the cliff just crumbled away, as if squashed in an invisible, giant fist.

It was very frightening, because we had no warning.
None at all. The sensor dust in the middle of the Loch
seemed to grow. I wonder whether…

all people will be safe?

20230821_0189.CR2 (20.3 MB)

20230821_0189_01.CR2.xmp (12.8 KB)

This file is licensed Creative Commons, By-Attribution, Share-Alike.

Fantastic…
it is wonderful

1 Like

I play. :smiley:

I’m pretty happy with this, except the clouds. I’m afraid I wiped out too much of their detail. dt 4.4.2

20230821_0201.CR2.xmp (8.6 KB)

2 Likes

Sky ended up a bit magenta but that could easily be changed…

3 Likes

ART 1.20.2

20230821_0201.CR2.arp (56.2 KB)

It was a warm summer afternoon, when suddenly, nothing happened!

Scarcely able to believe his eyes, Ralph Mellish looked down, but one glance confirmed his suspicions: behind a bush, on the side of the road, there was no severed arm, no dismembered trunk of a man in his late fifties, no head in a bag – nothing, not a sausage!

For Ralph Mellish this was not to be the start of any trail of events which would not, in no time at all, involve him in neither a tangled knot of suspicion nor any web of lies, which would - had he been not uninvolved - surely have led him to no other place than the Central Criminal Court of the Old Bailey.

But it was not to be! Ralph Melish reached his office in Dullsells Street in Peterborough, at 9:05 a.m., exactly the same time as he usually got in!

Morning, Mr. Melish

Morning, Enid

Enid, a sharp-eyed, clever young girl, who had been with the firm for only 4 weeks, couldn’t help noticing the complete absence of tiny but tell-tale blood stains on Mr. Melish’s clothing. Nor did she notice anything strange in Mr. Melish’s behaviour that whole morning. Nor the next morning. Nor at any time before or since the entire period she worked for that firm.

Have the new paper clips arrived, Enid?

Yes, they’re over there, Mr. Melish.

Oh…

But for the lack of any untoward circumstances for this young secretary to notice, and the total non-involvement of Mr. Melish in anything illegal, the full weight of the law would have insured that Ralph Auldus Melish would have ended up like all who challenge the fundamental laws of our society: In an iron coffin with spikes on the inside.

MP

(somebody had to…)

6 Likes

Thank you, thank you and thank you a thousand times for making a photograph, with a specific frame and a specific focus, be able to have many different stories as soon as we change the frame and move the focus.
Thanks for participating

1 Like

20230821_0201.CR2.xmp (10.5 KB)

3 Likes

RT 5.10 rc1 with LUT from HaldCLUT Set: ANUBIS

20230821_0201.jpg.out.pp3 (14.9 KB)

2 Likes

My play in GIMP.
Local adjustments to contrast and saturation.

1 Like