I've created a new software to cull and pick raw photos.

Hello, on Xubuntu 20.04 your app works now with this newest version. I can’t export/copy selected raws though, when I try to do so, it asks me for a folder and then nothing. No exporting progress bar…

You need to mark the photos before exporting. Alt + LeftClick can mark the photo.

When one photo is selected, the frame will be turned to green.

Like this:

1 Like

Still not working :pensive:

As a side note, I also have a suggestion. From a GUI perspective, most applications that I am familiar with increasing a value is always to the right and decreasing is always to the left. I suggest flipping the + and - signs for zoom, EV, and Gamma accordingly.

Ah, on my crazy pc that is Ctrl+Alt+LeftClick! Might be a Xfce thing.

I agree with @chaimav to reverse the + and - signs.
Would also be nice if your program remembers the last used window position. It always starts full screen, covering things that I don’t want to be covered.

Thanks.
Ubuntu 20.04 here, no Opencl.
I did a new quick round with this version and no issues.
It would be nice if you could add the option to save the xmp files in the filename format darktable does: something.(raw extension).xmp.
raw extension stands for nef, cr2, raf, etc
Are you able to track all these suggestions proposed in this thread?

Nice idea.

I’ve added it to the issue.

Nice idea.

I’ve added it to this issue.

Thanks for the advice.

I keep all the issues in github issue page, so no worries.

Sorry for that.

Could you pls download the GPU Caps Viewer and open this tab to get a screenshot uploaded here? Thanks.

Thanks
Capture
full export:
gpu_caps_viewer_report.txt (43.1 KB)

Thanks for the report.

Here is a build with GLES2. QuickRawPicker-v0.1.10-win-x64-gles2.zip

Pls try with this build to check if this can solve the black content issue.
If not, adjust the Display bit to 8 bit in settings and have another try.

Thanks.

Thanks. V0.1.10 works :+1:

great.

did you mean this gles2 build I uploaded in the previous post works?

Correct. The version posted here displays properly on my computer.

I am still trying to figure out how to export the image though. I assigned ratings, then went to Fn > export marked photos. I selected a folder but nothing happened after that?

exporting and rating are two different ways to pick photos.

by rating, it will generate or modify the sidecar xmp/pp3 file directly.

by exporting, you need to mark the photo first.
try alt+left click to mark the photo.

Just to understand, this is the current and unique v 0.1.10? Or is it just for some users? Or is it just Windows stuff? ( I’m on Linux)

I’m asking this because previously you had already released v 0.1.10.

Got it. Now for a feature request. It would be great if it export associated files as well. For example, I shoot raw+jpg. For file management, I would want those two files to always stay together.
Thanks

it’s just a test build for showing black content issue. will integrate this into next official release v0.1.11

1 Like

Nice.
I also have the idea of exporting with associated files as well.

Issue has been added here.

1 Like

Should we be putting feature requests here, or should we go directly to the issue tracker?