I've redesigned RawTherapee website.

Hi all.

I’ve redesigned (for practice, some things need to polished though) Raw Therappe website and I wanted share it here. Any feedback is more than welcome. I can provide source file but I need to clean it first a little bit. Cheers.

Preview on Imgur

11 Likes

We have super slowly been working on a redesign, but this is much better I think!

Can you give us some details about how’s it is developed?

We are using Hugo, the static site generator.

Paging @patdavid and @paperdigits who are working on the new website.

Looks great and modern!

1 Like

That looks great @mariuszdaniel ! Looking forward to more info regarding the back end.

1 Like

I’m going to hazard a guess that this is a mockup? If so, can we get the Inkscape or GIMP file for it?

Are you willing to help us implementing and setting this up? The build system is in place and ready to go, so we could get this main page included as the template and go from there. :slight_smile:

It’s just a design I’ve made in figma, it’s just a graphic file - here’s a link so if you want to use it someone will have to code it as my coding skills are basic, but I can spend some time and design other subpages and blog template as well.

Yep, see my other reply.

I am not familiar with Figma. Can you generate HTML and CSS from it?

Ok, if the RT team is ok with it, we can use it as a basis for moving forward and implementing in code/templating.

If they are, @mariuszdaniel - are you willing to license your design as CC0 for us to use it? (If so, please state clearly that you are doing so and we can use your response here as a license statement.)

2 Likes

Basically no, you have code it from scratch. There is something called Developer Handoff which is helpfull for devs but it doesn’t generate code. Alternatively if you don’t want to code you could use webflow.com to recreate this design and it will automatically genereate code

Yes you can use it. I’ve use it some icons from Font Awesome and some from thenounproject which you have to attribute or buy them.

Slider icon
Fast Icon
Swiss Knife

I’ll likely skip all the font awesome stuff and re-approach the typography and other visual elements to make sure they’re free/owned by RT.

Not to be a stickler, but if you’d state clearly: “I, {YOUR NAME}, am licensing this design as Creative Commons Zero (Creative Commons — CC0 1.0 Universal)”

Also, if you’re willing to stick around and help I can add you to the repo on gitlab if you give me your gitlab account name?

Sure, I could help. I don’t have Gitlab account but I will create one.

He has included his license in the file itself on the site:

My gitlab name is @mariuszdaniel. I’ve removed Nounproject icons from figma file and replaced them with simple placeholder. Font awesome will stay right now as I don’t have time to do it.

1 Like

I’m bumping this topic because I’m finally getting off my lazy butt to work on this again. (I just finished porting www.gimp.org to use Python 3 and the latest Pelican, so I’m starting to get back into the swing of things).

@Morgan_Hardwood - Can I assume that this overall style is something you like and would like me to switch to designing against? I was previously working on having a sidebar menu by request, but am happy to switch to top menu and similar styles/color/theme.

@patdavid it’s been a long time since I saw your design so not sure how it looks nowadays, but I think @mariuszdaniel 's general site design is modern and neat and worth considering. The menu itself can always be changed.

1 Like

Excellent, thank you! I’ll start building it out more based on this.