Line Spam Filter

Just made this while playing with thickline but i don’t know how to name it…
Any ideas?

2 Likes

‘Line Structure’

‘Lineate’

First recorded in 1635–45; from Latin līneātus, past participle of līneāre “to make straight, mark with lines”; (from dictionary.com)

1 Like

Reminds me of pick-up sticks, so I suggest “sticks”.

Hi, thanks for your answers :slight_smile:
I wanted to have Linein the name so i’ll go for “Line Spam”, which sounds adequate when i look at it.
It looks cool though when animated (Even though I still don’t know how to output a pipeline to video properly: This is a screen recording):

2 Likes

Trying to figure how spline works… what is u, what is v? :person_shrugging:

I know we have thickline, could we also have a thickspline ?

Feels too orderly to be called spam. And sorry, I forget what u and v mean.

It’s known as “string art” which was made with thin ropes and nails on a wooden canvas,

I did one in school in the 70s, and another one in 80 or 81 for my mother’s birthday
(Jeez, I can recall the second one, it was on a red velvet that I glue on a canvas and use a golden cord and golden nails , the whole was a sailing boat three masted carrack type… I spent so many days on it if not 10 or more days :crazy_face: )

String art on Google image https://www.google.com/search?newwindow=1&client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=string+art&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjggJzor_X_AhWOmlYBHeZpBjcQ0pQJegQIDhAB&biw=1918&bih=882&dpr=1

Good idea for a name: brings back memories.

The script is anything but orderly don’t worry!
What about Line Work then? Anyway i can always add the chaos button just to justify the name :wink:
Also some settings can generate a ton of lines.

Ah yes, i’ve seen this before but it wasn’t really the goal ( if there ever was a goal to begin with). I just wanted lines :wink:

1 Like

I will not change your mind, but just to let you know that SPAM for people where I live (Asia) is: :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Yes I know :wink:
The “abusing email” use came from the Monty Pythons, where they yell Spam spam spam, etc. Refering to this spam.

1 Like

Does this help?
EDIT: deleted UV_mapping article

btw another cool filter!

In the draw_spline command, u and v denotes the two components of the velocity (derivative vector) at each point of the curve.

• A segment is defined by a starting point (x_0,y_0) and an ending point (x_1,y_1).
  • A spline is defined by a starting point (x_0,y_0) and an ending point (x_1,y_1) + a starting velocity (u_0,v_0) and an ending velocity (u_1,v_1).

So, this is definitely not related to UV mapping.

3 Likes

Ironically, the image above looks like threads. To me, it is better description than my previous suggestion sticks. Just having fun with the naming… don’t take it too seriously. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, velocity was the term!

Yes it’s true, probably because of the deform command thrown in.
And i’m not serious at all :slight_smile: Else i wouldn’t have used Line Spam!
And it’s in Testing > Prawnsushi now, BTW (if you update defs, of course).

Bugs are welcome!
I mean, bug reports :sweat_smile:

Spam is serious cuisine for some. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Love your contributions thus far!

1 Like

Thanks! Have fun with fx_jambons_en_ligne :smiley:

:joy_cat:

In my experience, almost no one reports bugs to me. I have to find them myself. I just try my best by attempting all possible combinations of input until I see something’s wrong.

Might as well do this approach for my attempt at making Pollock “art”. No offense to any one, but I don’t consider it art.