Local adjustment for spot removal

Why not ideal? You just have do recreate the flat fields now and then. You just enable the flat fields in your default profile. Hint: use General Profiles which enable the automatic search for flat files together with Dynamic processing profiles - RawPedia (rawtherapee.com)

I will read the link you just sent me as well as a re-read of the flat field link.

I have only four dust spots on my sensor that I can see using Andy’s dust off curve. If a dust spot is in the high frequency detail I’m not overly concerned about it. For the model ship photos I often shoot against a white background where in those areas the spots are easily seen. I have not cleaned the sensor in over five years. I used to do it once every couple of years. I guess it’s time for another cleaning.

It’s easy enough to save a processing file along with the spot removal. Should I need it, I can always turn it on. I can see that using flat-field for dust removal would be a viable way to go. For the kind of photos I’m taking, I can’t see where I would need to use it. For now, anyway.

As far as I know, it was a very amicable split. RT was being held back by the need for backwards compatibility and an abundance of rarely used tools. @agriggio wanted to be able to make more radical feature changes and have a more streamlined app. Everyone is still friends though.

1 Like