Lockable Color Picker

I like this new feature.
But it would be great if we can see Lab and HSV values
(Now it is RGB only).
What do you think?

Shift click on it to switch between RGB, Lab and HSV :wink:

7 Likes

Works beautifully. Thank you!

Thanks for this nice feature! Is it possible to temporary save or freeze values from a certain picker? Once again, very elegant work! :slight_smile:

@kazah7
Use screen dump?

What’s the use case ?

Thank you!

Hello,

having just upgraded to Win-version 4.2.1234 I am looking for the lockable colour picker but cannot find it. Rawpedia does not give any information on it either. Please give me a hint.

Hermann-Josef

The github issue suggest that you right click while in the preview area.

Hint @Jossie: 4.2.1291

In RT I can’t compare two different pictures side by side, or to do sort of “split screen”. I must go back and forth, and if a photo shoot is long, sometimes it’s tiring. I am not able to copy values from a certain area ( let’s say – skin tones ), I must either memorize it or write it down. It would be cool if I could temporary save/freeze those as a reference point so I don’t have to process pictures by eye only. This sort of thing is useful in maintaining balanced skin tones across the whole photo session. :slight_smile:

@Claes
I only have the icon with the pipette in the top row of the editor window. I am missing the pipette with the three lines, which presumably is the lockable color picker???

Hermann-Josef

Yes, it is the one with the three lines (a.k.a. the hamburger symbol).
Note that I am using RT v.4.2.1291 in Windows.

It’s not in 4.2.1234 (which is a Gtk3 build). Get a newer build from here.

Thanks a lot. That explains it. :slight_smile:
Hermann-Josef

So you mean that you missed my friendly hint, above???

Sorry, yes – I missed that! And not only once, but twice :frowning:

Hermann-Josef

Thanks guys for this tool! It is great.

Hmm, keeping the value across different image (color pickers are deleted when you open a new image, as you’ve noticed) is not that easy if we want to make it user friendly. You won’t have different images displayed at the same time in an editor, but what would be easier is to assign a saved color to a picker in a different image. Can you open a new issue in GitHub (if you have an account) ?

Using Multiple Editor Tabs Mode (METM) pickers are not deleted when you open a new image.