Looking for Name Ideas

How about [PlayLight]?

You could call it [DPChallenge], because that’s what you’re describing: http://www.dpchallenge.com/

1 Like

That definitely sounds NSFW. :smiley:

4 Likes

Pretty close, if we implemented voting.

No more NSFW than :smiley:.

If I were to use the word challenge, I would name it [pxChallenge]. Adding it to my growing list of suggestions above.

1 Like

I love the ideas so far, keep them coming. :slight_smile:

I wasn’t really thinking of a “contest” personally - more of a fun way to consider expanding how we look at photography and maybe challenging ourselves (thematically, composition, etc).

This absolutely doesn’t preclude you nerds from posting challenges and even setting up polls to vote… :wink:

For years at elysiun.com (now blenderartists.org) they have been holding Weekend Challenges, with the winner each round picking the theme from the next. I have been holding off on doing something like this until we had enough members to support something like this and make it fun - if someone thinks it might be fun to do I fully support it.

What do y’all (southern patois, sorry) think? Should we also start up a monthly or weekly challenge?

I think it’d need to be monthly to get enough participants and good results!

1 Like

:+1: Contests are very subjective.

1 Like

What about: photography talks ?

Nothing will top GOATSTINK but I tried anyway

• Shutter Clutter
  • Photon Phever
  • Crack Behind the Lens
  • A Click in Time
  • Game of Zones
  • Shooters Keepers
  • 18 Cents’ Worth
  • Focus Coaxus
  • Unsharp Masquerade
3 Likes

[GoShoot]

1 Like

Vimeo Weekend Challenge is pretty cool as well… maybe we can create and give badges to the winners as prizes.

1 Like
  • Focus Coaxus

May I suggest Focus Paucus? From latin Paucus: not many, This pretty much describes the high rejection rate in my culling process :slight_smile:

3 Likes

-Shoot to Kill
-Click Off
-Hocus Focus (inspired by @ofnuts)
-PlayCapture

Whatever it’s called, I’m looking forward to it. Could do with some encouragement/inspiration, I sometimes think I only practise theoretical photography.

1 Like

:smiley: Right with you on that one!

1 Like

omg this is great! :slight_smile: that was a good laugh. :smiley:

@james Shoot to Kill. While I was composing my list of names, I tried to avoid connotations of violence. I thought of many, including James Bond puns ([GoldenTrigger]? :roll_eyes:), and [Hit&Run] for street photography. I still kept [Run&Gun] because it could be used as a sports term.

Hocus Focus sounds like a Young Adult novel or B-movie/television title :laughing:, as do many of the other names that we have been throwing around :blush:.

@Raja Game of Zones. Too easy but very sticky (I mean compelling) at the same time. I personally enjoyed Marco Polo more ([MacroPolar]? :roll_eyes:), though it was a mixed bag for most and had to be canceled after two seasons.

How about TakeOut?

Yum, MSG goodness!

I recently took some photos along the Severn estuary, and on processing them was reminded of this old thread. So here they are, the theme I suggest is “Washed Up”, if anyone else fancies a go.
Processed with RT5.6 rc1.

The next one is my arty attempt at modifying the landscape, since I erected the branch and wedged it in the rocks, echoing the wind turbine!

Pics copyright Rawconvert@pixls.us.
(Cheeky promotion - RT function to add name to image output please please, as here, last post in thread -

3 Likes