Lua Script Manager does not start in Windows 11

Hi there, I am not able to start the lua script manager on darktable 4.6.1 at Windows 11. I opened darktable and used the lower left menu to install the lua script manager. All the files are being created but the script manager does not show up in darktable. I tried everything from the post Lua script manager disappeared darktable
but no success.
After 2 times reinstall and deleting all folders still no success. The log files does not show any information. Please help.

Can you start DT from the terminal using the -d lua argument?

yes but no log file is being created

Hi Andreas I presume you have already done this but just to be sure I will ask. Make sure you start DT on its own by clicking on the icon to start it. I found with V4.5 that if I clicked on an image in file explorer to then open DT that way I did’nt get the LUA script starting. However, now I am on 4.7 it will start the Lua script even by that method so it seems to be getting more robust now. Hopefully more knowledgeable people can help you.

Yes I tried every option. Lua Script Manager does not show up.

My problem too. It was working fine till a week back. Now it doesn’t. I tried reinstalling GIT, DT but to no avail. I don’t know if it is a Windows 11 problem, but no Windows update happened recently. It worked with DT 4.7 v830, but for that, it does not work now, ie after re-installing DT 4.7 vxx. So I am not sure what is going on here

When I load DT, it stops on a blank cmd prompt c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe, and does not move forward. I then close the cmd prompt and move ahead with DT

Script Manager never showed up at all at my PC. It did say execute the install of Script Manager using the lower left menu after installing DT. All files has been installed. After restart of DT the Script Manager install menu dissappeard but no Script Manager showed up. I am on DT 4.6.1. Is What els could I do?

See my comment here .

Didn’t work for me on Windows 11. Deleted the folder LUA and reinstalled DT 4.7 v876, It does create a LUA folder, but apart from having a file called debug.lua in a subfolder called darktable. the folder is empty

c:\Program Files\darktable\share\darktable\lua\

I introduced a “feature” to script manager that windows didn’t like. It’s fixed now. Starting darktable twice should automatically fix it, but if not, remove the lua folder and let darktable reinstall the scripts.

Sorry about that

Bill

3 Likes

Yes it works now. Thanks Bill