Migrating darktable to Ubuntu from macOS

Yeah, its a misread of the sidecar file, since wb wants the d65 reference setting but the side car seems to store the value. You can just reset the wb module, assuming you use the d65 setting, and both errors disappear.

Ive seen this white balance “issue” when I work on windows/fedora. I think (never actually checked), that it might be a rounding error between the two. After import, you can fix one image (click reference), then go to lightable, selective copy just the white balance module, and paste to all images.

1 Like

I did the opposite direction some time ago and it is possible to manipulate the library.db file using sqlite. The following command should work:

sqlite3 “library.db UPDATE film_rolls SET folder = replace( folder, ‘/home/old_username/Pictures’,’/Users/new_username/Pictures’ ) WHERE folder LIKE ‘/home/username/Pictures/%’;”

I always start DT with a custom --configdir, so it was easy to copy the db folder to the linux installation. However, at the end I decided to start over with a clean config anyway, because Lua was not working, and thumbnails needed to be recreated anyway. So going with a clean config was just faster, when all files have a recent xmp sidecar. But maybe it works for you.

It might be, that I found the sqlite command somewhere in this forum, but I cannot remember …

1 Like

Thanks for this suggestion, it worked a treat. I never used this feature before and it is exactly what I need.

This is the only method I could get to work when transferring dt from iMac to Debian Bookworm. Thanks, @g-man !