Missing progess bar

I’m running RPD 0.9.27b1 on Debian 11. It’s been a while since I last used RPD; when I open it now, I can’t see the bottom line of the frame where the download progress bar should be visible. And I can’t for the life of me remember how to resize to make it visible.

I’d be very grateful for a reminder!

TIA
mac

If I understand correctly, you can’t resize the window, move it, or maximize it? What is your screen resolution?

Screen resolution is 1366 x 768 (16:9)

I can’t change the shape of the RPD window: when I grab a corner or edge and try to resize, the window just moves around. So I can’t make it smaller so as to drag it up to see the bottom edge.

essentially, I can only resize the window horizontally, not vertically.

The RPD window does not resize vertically. I can only move it down or from side to side, or resize it horizontally. Other windows on my system (e.g. Terminal) behave as expected, and can be resized simultaneously in both dimensions, for example by dragging a top corner down and inwards.

Collapse the right side panels, and then maximize the window.

Thanks — that works to reveal the progress bar while the right panel is closed. It disappears again when I open the right panel. That’s not what used to happen, IIRC?

It depends very fundamentally on what’s in the right side panels. As that changes, so will the behavior. Not ideal but far from easy to write the code to handle it either.

Yes, I can understand that there’s a lot of pressure on the vertical real estate in the side panels. But at least I know now how to make space for the progress bar!

Thanks for your help, and for all the great work you do.

mac

1 Like