multiple haldclut film simulation browser

hi there, is there a way or plugin to preview multiple film simulations at once instead of selecting preset one by one ? any help is greatly appreciated

Itā€™s not possible in RT.
Thereā€™s a way to do it in Gā€™MIC though.

With Gā€™MIC in GIMP (Win 7 64) I see before/after but not a load at once. Is there a way to do this using offline emulation files? Something like this would be useful ā€¦

In the Gā€™MIC plugin, go to Film Emulation > [Collages]

1 Like

Thanks. For anyone else looking (Win 7 64), itā€™s Filters > Gā€™MIC-Qt > Colors > Simulate Film, then select Category (slide, b&w etc) and select Preset > All (Collage). I get ā€œPreview disabled in ā€˜Collageā€™ modeā€ but apply it and your image appears in GIMP main window as either new image or layer in a low res image but useful collage.

I guess it depends which version of Gā€™MIC-QT you have. Mine is version 2.4.2, and I donā€™t have the same paths as you. I guess itā€™s time for me to update my Gā€™MIC build!

I have 2.6.2 - latest stable is 2.6.5

thank you very much guys

Hi!

Iā€™m new to RawTherapee (and this forum) and love to use the many HaldCLUTs Iā€™ve downloaded, so I was going to ask the same thing as OP.

I know 5.9 is in the developement right now, so I got my fingers crossed that someone is going to make a full mouseover preview of the looks, or have a small preview appearing somewhere, or a choice between both. That would be really useful.

I own Lightroom, Capture One, Exposure X6 and so on, but RawTherapee is actually the most fun to use as a daily driver these days, especially for Aurora Borealis images. So I hope and wish that DEVs see this reply so I can thank you all for this awesome application! Much love from Norway.

Best regards,
Aleksander

This has a very low probability of happening before 5.9. This is not a small feature request by any chance. Sorry. Also, at the very least, someone would need to file a proper feature request here Issues Ā· Beep6581/RawTherapee Ā· GitHub

Edit: @ATEriksen, also, welcome to the forum! :smiley:

Hello @Thanatomanic !

Ah, I see. Iā€™m not a developer and I donā€™t know when 5.9 was going to release, if in 2021 at all. Iā€™m also sorry for reviving old posts, I didnā€™t see this yesterday :slight_smile:

Thanks for the pointer and the warming welcome, Iā€™ll go and write some suggestions then, didnā€™t know about that place :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,
Aleksander