New interface in darktable 2.7 (dev)

OK; I discovered, however, that the presets are still available, but that setting the sidebars to ridiculously wide obscures them.

@anon41087856 Awesome. With a few more touches, it will be even better. Although I don’t use dt, it is great to see the surge of visible development and devs like you sharing what is going on for people to be excited about. :smile:

Standing ovation! Looking forward to being able to get my hands on this.

Beautiful!!

Can’t wait to see this in the official build so I can use it :smile:

@anon41087856

Excellent :+1:

Many many thanks.

I like this but see no manner to “hide the outer arrows”. Is this possible yet?

GENERAL NOTICE : you need to install all the Roboto font packages available in your package manager to get the most of the new UI.

1 Like

Roboto has improved over the years in response to criticism. It is okay now but still a little awkward. :face_with_monocle: Curious what it replaced in dt. If I had to choose a Roboto, I would go with Roboto Slab. :wink:

It’s gorgeous, please embed a music player and that’s all I need in this life, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

@mosaster Where the UI bumps to the beats and changes colours to the tones. :joy: A nightmare for UX and colour management killjoys no doubt.

2 Likes

I did not order a surrealistic trip, sorry :crazy_face:, rather for a good time with tea, music and photo processing on a rainy day. :wink: Also, DT delivers visual satisfaction to its adepts, next thing it is missing - an element of audio, to become a pure creative art-gasm :grin:

darktable used whatever default GTK font, usually Cantarell. Another Opensource failure.

This should be in the release notes so packagers will learn about it.

2 Likes

I have google-roboto-fonts installed but see no way to “hide” the “outer arrows” in the four side “borders”

1 Like

Sorry if this is a silly question as I even feel to remember, it was discussed somewhere…

The background color between image and sidepanels is too bright for my taste. Where and how can I adjust this? I would like it almost as dark as the rest of the GUI. Just a little bit lighter…

2 Likes

There was a discussion a while ago that having this area being neutral grey is better for not making the image to dark/bright.

most of the cases, my pic anyway fill this area to almost 100%… While typing…that might be the reason for the offered border? I will reconsider…

Follow up question:

just google-roboto-fonts or also google-roboto-mono-fonts ?

It is on the way. The CSS is also adjustable.

installed roboto just now and it really looks cool.

Still need to fiddle around a bit. The headlines are too narrow for my taste… but besides really really cool.
(Gentoo merely offered me 90-roboto-regular.conf)