New interface in darktable 2.7 (dev)

I’m testing DT 2.7 right now.
I’m looking at the CSS but I can’t find the style for the smaller text in the box:
Snipaste_2019-04-17_21-21-55

I thought was the condensed but changing the size doesn’t have any effect.

I have this black borders around the dt window, is there a way to get rid of them? Are they a feature of the new design or a bug? They are even visible if dt is displayed full screen (f11)

Settings Border around image…?

I built the git master version for Windows and testing the GUI

I was getting Pango warnings about font “Roboto Condensed” not found, even if I have the font installed.
Looking in the darktable-elegant.css I found a possible bug (at least under Windows):

In Row 458:

font-stretch: condensed;
font-family: "Roboto Condensed","Segoe UI Condensed", "SF Pro Display", "Ubuntu Condensed", "Cantarell", sans-serif;

The font-stretch statement looks redundant to me. If I comment it, the font is loaded correctly.

Marco

I can’t find anything in the settings??

@matejmarti you can change the color using css. Don’t recall the name. It won’t visible if the color is the same as default bg color.

Try using the shortcut key ‘B’ - look in

settings/shortcuts/global/toggle panels collapsing controls

to see if this has been changed to something else

Well done then ! You can add specific CSS IDs in modules using gtk_widget_set_name(GTK_WIDGET(self->widget), "module-id") in the function void gui_init(dt_iop_module_t *self) of each IOP in src/iop. Then, style the label in CSS with #module-id #iop-panel-label {background-image: url(...);}

We are talking here about how GTK is able to understand CSS stylesheets, and I’m afraid there is little to be confident about. GTK is a nightmare.

The CSS uses the font size 1em which copies the OS-defined font size. So either tune the default desktop font size in your desktop environment, or set

{
  font-size: 0.9em;
}

in your custom CSS.

Key B and they disappear/reappear. It’s not a bug, it has always been like that. The new feature is you can optionaly hide them now.

exactly.

It is not redundant if Roboto, Segeo and SF Pro are not installed.

1 Like

Sure. I am not interested in theming dt but for those who are see:
Gtk – 3.0. Have fun!

Nice work! Looks great. Big improvement.

I see.
However under Windows the font-stretch statement prevents the installed Roboto condensed font from loading:

(darktable.exe:3848): Pango-WARNING **: 07:02:31.963: couldn't load font "Roboto Condensed, Condensed Not-Rotated 9.71875", falling back to "Sans Condensed Not-Rotated 9.71875", expect ugly output.

Perhaps the list of fonts could be changed to avoid to use the font-stretch statement.

You can just over ride the condensed with another value, like normal.

Actually what I’m trying to do is to make that font bigger.
Tweaking that part of the CSS as you suggested affects all the other fonts except the small one that I’m trying to change.

I also tried every style in the CSS where there’s a font declaration and, again, I could see the other fonts of the UI getting bigger (which is good as I’m on a 4k monitor) but none of them had any effect on the tiny fonts I marked in my screen shot.

Of course I can. As I said, if I comment the font-stretch statement, the Roboto Condensed font is loaded normally.
My point is that the Darktable Elegant theme is not 100% compatible under Windows.
More in general, I think the GUI aspect should not depend on which fonts one has installed previously. Is there a way to embed the needed fonts in the DT package ?

Look for this section and tweak the font size in there. (font size already tweaked by me)

EDIT: Better make a copy of the original css and work from there. Just in case.
EDIT1: I also tweaked the fonts at the right panel differently, by duplicating that section (sorry if I seem too obvious to you, but maybe it helps others):

2 Likes

Now a question: what section corresponds to history entries in Darkroom?
I want to turn the entries font something like condensed 400
EDIT: Is there some kind of naming glossary for the UI so that one can easily map the UI to the correspondent css section?

#recent-collection-button,
#history-button
{
   font-weight: 400;
   font-stretch: condensed;
}

Not yet but that’s a good idea

What DE are you using and what is your zoom factor ? On 4K displays with Gnome, using 200% zoom with font size between 8-10 should do the job. The sliders are supposed to use the general font size.

You know that one can make a theme by just copying and renaming the CSS file and selecting it in the preferences?

2 Likes