New to RawTherapee, DNG images all have a purple tint

I’m trying to move away from Lightroom and just downloaded the newest version of RawTherapee, but all my existing images have a purple tint to them. It seems like this is related to Lightroom’s DNG conversion since the tint doesn’t appear when opening my unconverted Olympus ORF files. I’m now wondering if I’ve done something wrong by allowing Lightroom to convert all my past files into DNG or if there is a setting that I’m simply missing. Suggestions on how to fix? Example files attached in case that helps. Thanks.

P8121638.ORF (13.9 MB)
P8121638.DNG (13.8 MB)

1 Like

Try deselecting “Embed Fast Load Data” in Lightroom - see this thread here:

1 Like

@PixelPusher is correct. And just to add, it is a known issue with RT (#4695).

I’ve deselected the option in Lightroom, but it doesn’t seem like it is making any difference to my past DNG files. Is there a way to fix the old files?

I have this problem as well. However mine was converted from Panasonic RW2 to DNG. And changing the Embed Fast Load Data didn’t work either.I think it’s how the DNG is read in general, because loading the DNG in Topaz Studio 2 resulted in the same color errors. And I believe the earlier version of Luminar and Darktable had loaded it wrong as well.

I’ll see if I can upload a sample file later.

Oh and I just wanted to add that Affinity Photo and of course Adobe Camera Raw read the colors correctly.

RawTherapee 5.7 will include support for DNG files which include fast load data. To be released soon at a Blockbuster near you.