New Windows builds

@sguyader
Oh my God!!! What a change!
Thank you very much.
Jean-Pierre

1 Like

I think you should only upload the W32 gtk3 builds I make. They run on all vista and above windows.
For the few WXP users, you could redirect them on my google drive. I can keep on it the gtk2 builds. And I agree with you that pretty soon the master branch will be a gtk3 branch.

@Kerfeu why donā€™t you do what the popup tells you to do?

@Morgan_Hardwood
Because:

1. I donā€™t get the pop-up with what @sguyader suggested to me;
  2. I didnā€™t understand what the pop-up asked me to do.

@Kerfeu would this message be more clear?
ā€œRawTherapee is configured to look for Hald CLUT images, which are used for the Film Simulation tool, in a folder which is taking too long to load. Go to Preferences > Image Processing > Film Simulation to see which folder is being used. You should either point RawTherapee to a folder which contains only Hald CLUT images and nothing more, or to an empty folder if you donā€™t want to use the Film Simulation tool.
Read the Film Simulation article in RawPedia for more information.ā€

1 Like

@Morgan_Hardwood
Thank you very muchā€¦ itā€™s very clear now!

Then the next build will include that more clear message :slight_smile:

1 Like

Regarding -mstackrealign : I think you should report on github. Sometime ago, Ingo declared that he intended to eliminate the need for it.

You should uninstall all previous environment (hg, cmake, tdm-gcc, ā€¦) and related envirnment variable.

You donā€™t have to repeat successfull steps. go on with following steps.

WIN-32-master (GTK2) 4.2.631 builds (release and debug) uploaded at same place : RT W32 builds

Thanks, uploading to site.

WinXP-32-master (GTK2) 4.2.648 builds (release and debug) uploaded at same place :RT W32 builds

WinVista-32-GTK3 4.2.730 builds (release and debug) uploaded at same place.

I can only find debug builds for masterGTK2 and GTK3 branches, and relwithdebinfo for ā€œnew waveletā€

@ilias_giarimis It seems that google drive is not so reliable. The two release builds are marked with a flag saying : ā€œsignalĆ© pour utilisation abusiveā€ and so not accessible.
Donā€™t know how this ā€œabuseā€ can happen and why! Perhaps the word ā€œreleaseā€ is forbidden by the google robots!
I am trying to reload the builds hoping the stupidity doesnā€™t hapen again.
Done. No itā€™s flagged again :rage: Stupid robots!

Can you indicate me a reliable cloud drive?

Why not just use http://filebin.net/ ? Easier to download from there than from Google Drive, clicking through all those prompts drives me nuts.
Forum - RawPedia

I thought it would be more practical but it is not the case . I go back to filebin.

You will find the last RT WIN 32 BUILDS

WinXP-32-master (GTK2) 4.2.648 builds (release and debug)

WinVista-32-GTK3 4.2.730 builds (release and debug)

Hi all, I havenā€™t made Win64 builds recently, Iā€™m sorry for that. Iā€™m currently switching systems: instead of using a Linux virtual machine in Windows 7 64, Iā€™ve installed a Linux distro and am progressively installing Windows 7 64 into a virtual machine. Iā€™ve had troubles with multiple windows updates taking forever due to low amount of free disk space (25 GB seems not enough for just Windows + MS Office + Firefox + a couple of small programs). I think I need to make a bigger virtual drive, then Iā€™ll be back here with new builds.

1 Like

No rush. Iā€™ll merge master into gtk3 on the weekend, then if there are new builds Iā€™ll upload, not sooner.

New 64 bits Windows builds available here.

3 Likes

Did you ever consider to use the openSUSE buildservice for doing your windows build? The mingw project has a lot of packages already. You can even build NSIS installer there (although they end up as rppm first but you can easily unpack that). In case of questions check #opensuse-buildservice on freenode.

@darix, thanks for the info, I didnā€™t know about this service. I saw that Marcin Bajor is using this service for his Linux builds. But in my case, I prefer making my builds in a Windows environment so that I can at least make basic tests and see if at least my builds start correctly. And anyways, I need a Windows VM for some other stuff like editing and sharing MS Office documents with collegues who mainly use MS Office (I often see compatibility issues in my documents with LibreOffice).