Newbee problems with Grouping jpg & RW2 files

HI,
I’m new to Darktable Windows and coming from Lightroom 6. So far I’m very impressed, both by the UI and the quality of the images.

I am having problems with JPG/RW2 pairs. My workflow (at present) is to use Windows photo to import whatever in on my SD card to folders named by date. because of the way I shoot I have a mix of JPG only and JPG/RW2 pairs. In DT I click the Grouping button (as per a few posts back) and this hides the paired jpg files. If I now make a selection and then apply a move to improve the folder structure I find DT moves the RW2 files, but leaves the JPG files in the original location. It seems DT only selects the first file in each group. Is there a quick way to make it select all files in the group either as a global setting or some control-click? Ideally I would like DT to effectively hide the jpg files when the RW2 files exist. Deleting all JPG files in not an option since some pictures don’t have a raw file.

I think this has a long history, if you feel passionate, please read the original request here:
https://redmine.darktable.org/issues/8968

And/or you can review the RFC here: RFC: behaviour of groups in Darktable · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks. Looks like I touched a nerve. Will need to find out more about scripting next.