next live meeting: November 28, 17:00 UTC

Hi guys,

I thought a live meeting would not hurt.

The date/time is November 28, 17:00 UTC.

Program:

@Thomas_Do will give a short introduction to:

"Correct exposure vs mitigation of clipped highlights. What to do when it is impossible to avoid highlight clipping?"

After that (~19:00 UTC), @afre will talk about

"How to make the best out of a low DR camera that has been dropped too many times"

Best

Anna

4 Likes

Just curious, what is the topic this time?

There is no topic yet - do you happen to have an idea?

Not really, sorry.

Seeing this thread, we might discuss "correct exposure vs mitigation of clipped highlights (sky, sun, lights, fire …). I am all for “correct” exposure and maybe bracketing were possible. But sometimes it’s really difficult or impossible not not clipp some highlights.
Maybe someone has good suggestions how to deal with this kind of situation (or how to avoid it).

1 Like

Could you hold a lightning talk (10 minutes) about this? Maybe just describe the problem/question, not necessarily the solution, or just summarize the thread?

Actually, I have much more questions than answers ;-). But I could give a short introduction into the complex of problems.

1 Like

Excellent. I would like to update the first post and call the title “Correct exposure vs mitigation of clipped highlights or why sometimes it is impossible to clip the highlights”. Is that ok?

It should be "why sometimes it is impossible not to clip the highlights. Or maybe better “Correct exposure vs mitigation of clipped highlights. What to do when it is impossibe to avoid highlight clipping?”

But I will definitely not answer the second question. But to the first part I could give some hints :wink: .

1 Like

I’ll try to join again!

1 Like

@paperdigits Can you pin this please?

The 12 PM EST will be hard to make. I may drop by at 1 PM EST. I get the imposter syndrome all the time but I can talk about my experience with the topic. Mostly about how to make the best out of a low DR camera that has been dropped too many times. :stuck_out_tongue: My discussion may include:

• Metering and ISO
  • Magic Lantern ETTR and Dual-ISO (their strategies)
  • Lightly on image processing
3 Likes

Should I write this into the program (first post)?

Sure. Slot me in at 18:30 (1:30 PM EST) so I may grab a quick bite beforehand. If that is too late, there is always next time.

1 Like

I should be able to stop by I think.

1 Like

I scheduled you for 19:00 UTC.

1 Like

Just added the Jitsi link.

oh. Just noticed that it’s Movember, not November. Let’s leave it that way.

1 Like

Movember is a thing. Ha ha.

We are also time-travelling. :slight_smile:

1 Like