Next Live Meeting: Sun Feb 13 18:00 UTC

We are already in, in case you want to join early.
Recording is running.

Wasn’t able to understand much (HOH). Had to postpone my G’MIC presentation. And from what I saw, I don’t think my mic test pass since it’s probably way too soft.

I would like to thank all the participants. Let me know what you thought about the meeting and how you would like to format to improve. (Personal feedback is welcome too. I want to improve as well. :wink:)

I decided maybe weekend isn’t the best for me. Is anyone up for weekday before 21:00 UTC?

Weekdays would be inconvenient for most people because they are typically working days. However, I could change the format from a live meeting into an interview or short presentation. Would you be up for that? Let me know when it would be a good time for you and I will let you know if that aligns with my schedule.

As for the next live meeting, I am considering doing a Saturday with a different start time to allow people from other parts of the world to participate.

1 Like

I’ll have to see if I can manage to get a presentation ready for the next time in that case. I’ll let you know if I do.

Thank you for organizing the meetup @afre!
I hope my presentation was interesting even tough it was quite technical.

2 Likes

@kofa is it possible to share the link to the recorded video?

Yes, of course, that’s why it was recorded. :slight_smile:
I haven’t had time today, but will try to get it online tonight; or tomorrow morning, at the latest.

4 Likes

Sure, no stress, take your time, thanks!

special thanks to @kofa for the technical organization !!!

2 Likes

The recording is now online. I’ve removed a few minutes from the beginning (until Marc joined), and a few bits in the middle when everyone was just waiting for someone else to speak :slight_smile:. I’ve run the audio through a compressor in Audacity, hoping to get more even volume. Finally, I’ve added some jump links to different sections of the video.
Thank you for joining!

5 Likes

Please let me know if you want to do another within a month; if not (or not via Google Meet), I’ll cancel the subscription. In the long run, we’d have to figure something out, as I think currently only I can start the call and let people join. Sharing the password to the Google account is not something with which I’d be comfortable.

So, I cancelled the subscription, and the good news is that Google only billed me the fractional month. This means that we can subscribe just for the day when we have a meeting, then cancel, and pay 1-2 dollars/euros/CHF.

2 Likes

@kofa That is a good deal.
@jandren Lovely smile on the video’s preview image. :slight_smile:

Darn it, I keep missing these! :frowning:

@plaven Was it a matter of timing, busyness or awareness? I already posted Let us plan for the Next Live Meeting if you would like to make any suggestions for the next one.

Thanks for @afre for organizing and those who spoke!

Thanks for posting the video. I have not been able to attend one yet but would love to at some point. It was nice to put a face to a name and see you guys interacting…much appreciated…

1 Like

hey @afre , just awareness. I missed the original announcement.

I just need to log in a bit more often. :slight_smile: