Night BW shot using old LX7

Thanks.
Note to all: you may need to wait for RCD to stabilise, see RCD yields different results with same params (color smoothing) · Issue #7756 · darktable-org/darktable · GitHub

In RawTherapee rcd is stable. Just give Hanno some more time to get it stable in darktable as well. Imho it’s worth it…

1 Like

If you are referring to Todd’s post, #27 above, when I open it, it is using AMaZE with green match full and local average.

Ya once I discovered that I had set this as an autopreset it makes sense where it came from. I had been experimenting a while back trying to look at chroma noise and the different demosaic modes…certainly in this example and pixel peeping it seemed like none was better for both looking at a very high zoom of around 200%…VNG seemed also to produce less chroma noise in the very dark parts but there was some fringing near sharp tonal transitions with VNG that were not there for amaze…so I guess it pays to remember what you change and remember to change it back…:wink: I do like Andy’s videos he is a character…

Sure, what I meant was the darktable implementation. It’s not in a stable release, so funny stuff is expected.

1 Like

Nope, I was referring to #38 and darktables install default.

@kofa: You might want to have a peek at RawTherapee’s Dual Demosaic-ing. darktable users don’t realize what they are missing :wink: Maybe @hannoschwalm and @heckflosse can collaborate after RCD is fully tested/implemented and work on a RCD-VNC4 method for darktable.

We already communicate about this :wink:

1 Like

Enough of ot now. Let’s continue play raw :wink:

:+1:

2 Likes

P1050600.jpg.out.pp3 (14.2 KB)

1 Like

Very nice, though I prefer the softer reflections from the camera’s version (and also @Phil_Smith’s, @elstoc’s, @age’s BW).
@Jade_NL: I was an RT user before darktable. Actually, I started using darktable because of its OpenCL acceleration (my Core2 Duo with 4 GB is not quite a powerhouse; will perhaps replace it this spring). But I do keep an eye on RT & ART, and Filmulator, too.

1 Like

Is RCD in the master branch?? I did a build a couple of days ago and I don’t have it??

Nice image. I decided to stay in a colored version although I had to struggle a bit with the various colored lights.

P1050600.RW2.xmp (11.5 KB)

1 Like

It is in master branch but unfortunately i introduced a bug while optimizing performance. There is a pr fixing this so maybe you wait for a day until it gets merged :slight_smile:

Thanks for the quick fix. I hope to test this tonight, once I get home.

thanks for posting, I have to practice night shots with DT 3.4

P1050600_02.RW2.xmp (22.6 KB)

3 Likes

this is a real challenge to reproduce this SW look :+1:

that’s closest to what I can do with tonecurve on my laptop.
maybe I’ll try again on my real monitor.

P1050600.RW2.xmp (10.1 KB)

2 Likes

Are you sure that’s the right sidecar? The original is a Panasonic RW2 file :slight_smile:

damned… :no_mouth:

is changed