Night scene - At the bar

No need for sorry, after all, playraw is a free style territory. :grinning:

As for the type of bulb, I don’t know nothing about types (tried to google but couldn’t determine for sure what type is this one). One thing is certain: the hue is strong purple-blue at night.

1 Like

Nice edits, @Zbyma72age , very clear, although you’ve eliminated the purple blue church hue. (which is probably the right decision aesthetics wise)

I can’t speak for Ingo or any RT code, in dt the “highlights reconstruction” is clearly a weaker point. The clip algorithms works ok in many cases (at least i think so) but it’s definitely not reconstructing. The “reconstruct color” is very prone to generating artefacts.

I have just started a fresh and “clean room” implementation for a hopefully much better color-propagating algorithm, let’s see. (I’ll give you a hint if there is something noteworthy)

About your question in an exact way, i don’t know about the history of the RT & dt algos and have no strong opinion on any advantage.

1 Like

Thanks, @hannoschwalm I should have been more specific, sorry.
The point is the new culling app @qdwang is building (QuickRawPicker, see this thread), where I found inconsistencies between QRP’s raw clipping indicator and dt’s. It’s not about highlight recovery, just the clipping overlay in both software.
EDIT: I think @qdwang is trying to change his code to match dt, but he noticed that dt determines clipping different from RawTherapee, so he asked which way I suggest him to go (but I’m not talking for him, just what I think is going on)

2 Likes

Gotham CIty… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

DSC_8666.nef.xmp (19.8 KB)

3 Likes

cracking foto

a bit darker, it is night after all :slight_smile:

Night scene - At the bar_DSC_8666.nef.xmp (11.3 KB)

4 Likes

DSC_8666.nef.arp (12.2 KB)

6 Likes