Not auto-detecting Panasonic Lumix DC-TZ220 (camera body and lens)

Hi,
I’m not sure if this is part of the issues that seem to exist with automatic lens detection but I recently picked up a Panasonic Lumix DC-TZ220 but RT5.8 doesn’t seem to be able to detect the correct combination of lens and camera in the Profiled Lens Correction.

I can manually set Camera to DC-TZ200 and lens to “Panasonic DC-ZS200 & compatibles” and that seems to be close enough but I’d like to know if this should be happening automatically? Looking at a commit by @heckflosse here I’m pretty sure that is the correct match at least as far as the lens goes (not sure on the camera body but it seems Panasonic has habit of releasing the same model with different names in different territories) - and visually, the image seems ok!

Hi, I had a similar issue with my Panasonic FZ330 not being recognised automatically. You can read about it in this thread, FZ330 automatic Profiled Lens Correction help
I think adding the code below to the “compact-panasonic.xml” file of your Lensfun directory will solve the problem.

<camera>
<maker>Panasonic</maker>
<model>DC-TZ220</model>
<!-- Regional version of ZS200 -->
<mount>panasonicZS200</mount>
<cropfactor>2.73</cropfactor>
</camera>