Opening RT from IMatch

I’ve been using IMatch as my DAM software. Within the program I have created “application favorites” for quick launch within the program. I drag the photo to the favorite and the program (Photoshop, Fast Raw Viewer, etc.) launches.

When I do this with the RT favorite, the first window I see is the console and then the program opens with the selected file in the viewer. Problem is that the left side panel area is missing. No editor, Queue, file browser, preferences icon, etc.

The path for the shortcut I created in IMatch is C:\Program Files\RawTherapee\5.8\rawtherapee.exe.

Mike

Try rawtherapee.exe -R

This should open RT in remote-mode, which also means you even don’t have to close RT before you open another file in RT from IMatch

Windows won’t let me add the switch in the shortcut properties in either “target” or “start in”. What am I not getting?

Copied from regedit.exe:

C:\Program Files\RawTherapee\5.8\rawtherapee.exe -R "%1"

Nothing like that in my registry.

That was just a working example :wink:

Edit: I don’t know anything about IMatch and how to open a raw file from IMatch in RT

Thanks for trying.

In Windows applications, sometimes it’s needed to enclose the path+program in quotation marks, and then add the necessary switches afterwards.

In your case, it may be this: "C:\Program Files\RawTherapee\5.8\rawtherapee.exe" -R

Worth a try?

1 Like

Yes, it does open with that switch in the “target” entry of the shortcuts properties box. Still has the missing left side area though. Could the problem be that console window opening just before RT opens?

I’m sorry, but I can’t test IMatch in my virtual windows machine (lacks some requisites).

Maybe if you post a capture of the RT window as it opens we may see if anything is wrong?

1 Like

I can’t grab a screenshot of the console window opening as it happens too fast. Here is what RT looks like after opening from IMatch. Notice that the left side panel is missing.

Ok. First things first: the left panel clearly shows in your screenshot (it’s where the histogram is). What you are really lacking is the main tabs to switch between the File browser, the Editor, and the Queue. That is called the “no-File-Browser” mode

Although I can’t test IMatch, this is working for me: "C:\Program Files\RawTherapee\5.8\rawtherapee.exe" -w -R %1

If I’m not wrong you’re telling:

• open RT GUI
  • do not show the console (-w)
  • open in Remote mode (-R)
  • all of previous actions with this file (%1)

It should work this way. If not, I’m out of ideas, sorry.

1 Like

Do both the “target” and “start in” sections of the property window get the command? Mike

Sorry. I don’t know what you mean. Remember I can’t install IMatch? Some screenshots would help.

IMatch asks you drag a shortcut into their program. You would drag the photo to the icon and the program loads along with the photo. So, my question was regarding the RT shortcut properties window where you would specify the “target” and “Start in”

Do you think that this screenshot is correct in the way I did it?
RT

If it is then this command line still opens (within IMatch) the console first and then RT without the file browser mode. It works fine from outside of IMatch.

Mike

Ok.

Then if it’s just a matter of a Windows shortcut:

• target would be as you have it set
  • start in would be the base path, without the executable and switches. In your case "C:\Program Files\RawTherapee\5.8\"

And definitely I have no idea why IMatch behaves the way it does.

I made the windows shortcut change you suggested and again same problem. It’s interesting to see the console window appear seconds before RT loads. Don’t see that when starting the program outside of IMatch.

M

1 Like

The issue has been resolved. Thanks for you suggestions.

Mike

Can you show a screenshot of the solution, so other IMatch users can benefit of it as well?