Oxc000007b error in Windows upon GIMP startup...

My apologies, tried searching for “Oxc000007b,” but it doesn’t seem to appear to be talked about before. Anyway, I’m copying the dialog box that appears when I launch GIMP.

"gmic_gimp_qt.exe - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (Oxc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

This is the latest G’MIC and GIMP from the Microsoft Store. Thanks in advance for all your help!

Hi @art_art! Welcome to the board.

I won’t be much use to you; I am a Linux user. I can point you to recent, related discussions, though.

Does this dialog box appear when GIMP is starting up, leaving you unable use either GIMP or G’MIC? Or does it appear after GIMP has started, you have an image loaded, and you try to launch the G’MIC-QT filter from GIMP’s Filters menu — and get this dialog box instead?

How did you acquire G’MIC and GIMP from the Microsoft Store? Did you install GIMP and G’MIC was just there and available? Or did you acquire them separately? The reason I ask is that version mismatches between GIMP and G’MIC can lead to missing or incompatible dynamic link libraries, producing errors similar to what you are observing. I could not investigate this independently because it did not seem that the Microsoft Store offers G’MIC independently (the search engine there thinks that G’MIC is some sort of ‘Comic’). So it is not clear to me what you have for a G’MIC version number when you describe it as ‘the latest.’

If you can get GIMP running, my suggestion is to uninstall the gmic_gimp_qt plug in that you currently have and install the latest version directly from the gmic.eu download page. See the reference above for remarks on how to install plug-ins for GIMP. That exercise will establish an specific, current version number for G’MIC that can be vouched for (the latest stable G’MIC version is 3.3.5). it does appear that the Microsoft Store distributes GIMP 2.10.36, which is current. Hopefully, this exercise of installing a known and recent gmic_gimp_qt plug-in would clear up any mismatch issues that may possibly be lurking.

Hope this helps. Let us know how this works out.