PCC in comet processing

HI!

I have not yet found the solution to comets PCC problem .

Siril 1.2.0

Windows 10 pro 64bit

I refer to the official tutorial ‘Working with comets’/Calibrate the colors of your reference image’, exactly at the point:

" …Open the reference image by itself (not as part of the sequence). In our example, we chose bkg_pp_light_00010.fit. You can do this via the user interface (Open button) or by typing load bkg_pp_light_00010.fit in the command line.
Open the Image Processing Menu, then Color Calibration and Photometric Color Calibration. Fill-in the required information and solve. Once solved, do not forget to save the changes, either through the UI (Save button) or by typing save bkg_pp_light_00010.fit in the command line. This will overwrite the existing image, which is what we want".

And, continuing, in ‘Global alignment and stacking’:

" Reload the sequence. It should open on the color-balanced reference image. If that is not the case, either you have calibrated the wrong image or you have forgotten to save your changes. Do not go any further before you get this right. "

So … I repeat the procedure exactly, BUT, when I reopen the sequence the reference frame - which should have been correctly edited, appears completely white!
What is the problem?

Thank you in advance,

Beppe

Hello

• was the color calibration successful?
  • when you reopen the sequence, does it open the image you calibrated?
  • did you calibrate only one image?
  • when you reopen this image alone, does it display correctly?

Hello
The answer to all your questions is yes:

• color calibration perform well on opened image (only it is a bit more bright).
  • I calibrate only one image: the reference one
  • When the same image - previously correctly calibrated, is saved and then reopened, it does not display correctly, but it displays fully white. However that doesn’t necessary, because when sequence (pp-) opens, the same (reference) image get automatically displayed (no manual selection is needed).

That’s all.

Ciao

So you confirm that when opening it as a single image, not as part of the sequence, the image is white too?

I correct: white en linear and autostretch only. En histogram it is as expected.
PS: I tried to do same thing on M31 pp- sequence, always on the reference frame and … all is ok! Why???

Donc Vincent, dernière découverte: lorsque je fais la correction couleur avec la manière manuelle tout vas bien. Je crois que le problème soit dans la correction fotometrique!
Cela semble certaine …

B

When I open the frame alone in linear it displays all grey with only brighter stars barely visible. Autostretch and histogram are as expected. This behaviour doesn’t appear in manual mode, but on PCC only. That’s definitely all.

I don’t understand all. Please share the image you are trying to do the PCC on.

That from sequence

This opened frame alone

All other modes are ok

Please share the FITS file of the image you are trying to do the PCC on.

Impossible to share .fit file.

Only .jpg

WeTransfer do the job.

.JPG files too want any time to upload

What WeTransfer? :slight_smile:

Attend un moment pour plasir

Bien, dit moi ton email s’il te plait

No need for mail. You need to choose “sharing link”