[Play Raw] Chace - Forward Catch

Color version:

IMK50358-2.jpg.out.pp3 (11.6 KB)
B&W version:

IMK50358BW-1.jpg.out.pp3 (11.6 KB)

Tried to keep the brightness range appropriate to the lighting environment, and gave the b&w look something more filmish (with an appropriate color filter on the lens).

Darktable only, with a pinch of color.

IMK50358.DNG.xmp (15.3 KB)

1 Like

A bit of fiddling in RawTherapee.
A little more fiddling in GIMP.

A bit of curves. An insane application of GEGL C2G (set it and walked away for a while…).
Cleaning background, expanding canvas to fit crop, some dodge & burn.

IMK50358.DNG.pp3 (11.1 KB)

3 Likes

IMK50358.DNG.pp3 (12.3 KB)

@patdavid, I will never know as much about processing as you, but :slight_smile: , I feel you have lost some nice tones in the standing leg. How about a Version 2?!

IMK50358.DNG.pp3 (13.9 KB)
RawTherapee 5.4 newlocallab, 2 spots on feet
GIMP to remove background.

Could not resist, anti-gravity version

IMK50358.dng.pp3 (11.3 KB)

3 Likes

Very nice photo @wolfworx !

My “metalic” version :slight_smile:
Made with darktable and GIMP.

9 Likes

@s7habo :+1: Thought a spotlight would be nice. The silhouette is on the sharp side and the lady too metallic for my tastes, but the overall composition is good. :art:

I like that it brings out the colour of her outfit :slight_smile:

I have some truly amazing ones where she is forward like this, good idea tho

darktable 2.4.3 has no issue with the exposure, for me.
Which version are you using @wolfworx ?

I only used darktable for this. I like the textures of the wall and floor; they gave the lady context.
The image is great, hardly needed anything , just a few creative tweaks and a crop (easiest way to remove two spots top right)
Also, defringe module did wonders for the straps on her costume!

1 Like

By Darktable, I do mean Darktable acting as a raw pre processor, where everything looks great, however when it opens in Gimp the exposure jumps up a few stops, I will check version later :slight_smile:

Hi
I just checked:
Opened the DNG with GIMP 2.10, darktable 2.4.3 opens. I don’t edit, close darktable immediately.
Image opens in GIMP, exposure is correct.
I am using Ubuntu 18.04
Let me know if you need any other info.

Regards

I am happy to say that upgrading my Darktable 2.4.0 to 2.4.3 has cured the issue !

Thank you yes, I tried really hard to get it as right as I could in camera. the annoying dirt spots on the sensor and bits on the backdrop are just a part of the deal I guess hahahah

Brilliant

1 Like

My attempt using RawTherapee and Gimp/GMIC

2 Likes

aaa

1 Like