[Play Raw] meanwhile in the forest...

Photoflow:

IMG_0779.jpg.pfi (40.3 KB)

3 Likes

mmmh that does work very well.

2 Likes

meanwhile.in.the.forest.pp3 (15.3 KB) RawTherapee 5.8 Development.

Nice one, Kees! Thanks for sharing it.

5 Likes

thanks for posting,
darktable 3.6

IMG_0779_01.CR2.xmp (23.8 KB)

3 Likes

A very beautiful image which I have no doubt spoilt!
Done in GIMP, using a luminosity plugin to adjust brightness and saturation in various areas. Followed by slight sharpening with wavelet decompose.

2 Likes

5 Likes

IMG_0779.CR2.xmp (15.9 KB)

1 Like

My fun in GIMP 2.10.24 layer modes and Lab colors

5 Likes

well quite challenging to edit it, and this is the first comes to mind… (IMG_0779.CR2.xmp 12.6 KB)

3 Likes

nice

…a bit of autumn atmosphere

edited on laptop

meanwhile in the forest_IMG_0779.CR2.xmp (14.4 KB)

4 Likes

IMG_0779.CR2.pp3 (14.4 KB)

2 Likes

Beautiful photo
I didn’t like any of the edits I did in colour so I tried for Black and white.
After selecting the preset (18) in Silver Effects, I added a slight blue tint to make it more Silver looking.

3 Likes

Nice edit… what role does saturation play in Haze removal? The control is seen in dev, but not in 5.8

1 Like

The, lets call it original, haze removal tool you find in 5.8 stable added too much saturation. Too much or too little isn’t all that scientific, but there was no way to adjust this to your liking. There’s also a possible luminance issue with this version.

@heckflosse created and put forward this PR: Possible enhancement for haze removal #5972 and this one solves the above issues and is already merged into the development branch.

This was done about a year ago so all the pre-build 5.8 development versions floating around out there (Linux, OSX, Windows) have this new one.

2 Likes

Wow! nice, useful, awesome. Thanks @Jade_NL for the clear explanation, and @heckflosse for the change.

“Saturation level” might make it clearer possibly with a small tooltip??

2 Likes

Wow.

It’s not sharp, but I think that only makes it look nicer. Everything about this photo is perfect.

Experimental program 5400K saturation x1.65

1 Like

Hi I played a little with the RGB Colorbalance an parametric masks and get this result :slight_smile:

IMG_0779_01.CR2.xmp (18.2 KB)

3 Likes

My version… ( sigmoid ).

IMG_0779.CR2.xmp (18.9 KB)

9 Likes

Darktable 4.0.1. I have tried to make the view take you to the center of the image

IMG_0779.CR2.xmp (28,4 KB)

2 Likes

My take, DT 4.1

IMG_0779.CR2.xmp (12.4 KB)