darktable 2.7, XMP embedded in JPEG.

2 Likes

Photoflow

FED_1953.pfi (40.8 KB)

1 Like

darktable 2.60

FED_1953.NEF.xmp (6,5 Ko)

2 Likes

Very nice image. I won’t be able to do it justice ATM, but I will come back to it when I am more confident. :slight_smile: Made it 3600px instead of my usual 1800px.

1. PhotoFlow → HL mode (blend) → AMaZE → linear Rec2020 (no clipping) → linear sRGB 32f
2. gmic → crop (1.5:1) → filter pixels → HLG (curve) → blend (Retinex) → sharpen (high freq contrast) → adjust brightness, contrast (curves) → local contrast, sharpness (guided) → increase chroma (curve) → sharpen (LoG) → resize (3600)

Zoom 100% and enjoy!

1 Like

FED_1953-2.jpg.out.pp3.txt (13.5 KB)

2 Likes

FED_1953-2.jpg.out.pp3 (11.5 KB)

I did not fix the vignetting

1 Like

Ufraw and fotoxx. :thinking: Know what I wanted to do :grin: not sure if I have.

Thanks interesting one to work on. Many are on here.

John

1 Like

Alt take.

1. PhotoFlow → HL mode (blend) → AMaZE → linear Rec2020 (no clipping) → OCIO filmic (very low contrast) → linear sRGB 32f
2. gmic → crop (1.5:1) → sharpen (high freq contrast) → blend (Retinex) → adjust brightness, contrast (curves)
3. pnmclahe → enhance contrast
4. gmic → local contrast, sharpen (guided) → sharpen (LoG) → resize (1800)

Zoom 100% and enjoy!

3 Likes

alt2: fun version, taking the topic title a tiny bit more seriously. :stuck_out_tongue:

5. gmic → applied my fun g0 experimental filter to the sky

3 Likes

The view is breathtaking. I felt sick for a moment.

1 Like

Original feeling is be careful and don’t drop camera (few hundred meters). Will go again to Graskop end of March.

Very nice one, thanks.

2 Likes

Thanks, glad you like it.

Late to the party again…

FED_1953.NEF.xmp (5.3 KB)

2 Likes

Again, party on!

1 Like

A beautiful scene. Here is my own take which is a result of using RT but in two stages. I did the first one in which the biggest thing I did was to push color saturation much more than I normally would. After finishing and saving the output, I later went back and used RT again but this time to process the previously saved jpeg version. After finishing I found that I liked the original sky somewhat better so merged the two images so as to add back in some of the original sky.

1 Like

Took a very different approach with the following version.

The RT file: FED_1953-C.NEF.pp3 (11.8 KB)

1 Like

Have been testing my dehaze filter and centring the processing on it. Looks like it requires both pre- and post-processing steps to keep the stats healthy.

photoflow: minimal.
gmic: filter pixels, centre crop (90%), curves (HLG, brightness, contrast), my dehaze A, curves (HLG, brightness, contrast) B, blend A B (to tame sky), curves (brightness, contrast), sharpen (LoG), resize.

Zoom 100% and enjoy!

3 Likes

You are using GMI’C from terminal? If you do, what version is that?

Yes, I am using G’MIC CLI; however, the commands that I used are my own.

The bare bones version of dehaze_afre is done but I need to do some more field testing, fix a few bugs, and add a few touches to make it simpler to use and adaptable to more situations.